What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Converted my old Pike to 120mm of travel and fitted to my hardtail. It's a bit of a weird one, xc bars and negative rise stem, maxxis DHR tyres and a solid post. It's fun though. It spends 90% of its life bolted to trainer since it still uses skewer dropouts and the seats slammed forward to mimic the seating position of my other bikes.

stirk

Burner
Converted my old Pike to 120mm of travel and fitted to my hardtail. It's a bit of a weird one, xc bars and negative rise stem, maxxis DHR tyres and a solid post. It's fun though. It spends 90% of its life bolted to trainer since it still uses skewer dropouts and the seats slammed forward to mimic the seating position of my other bikes.
Looks hot, should get it out more!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Rode the roadie. To work...
I've had to do that for the last couple weeks as the POS I've been riding skipped a tooth and threw me down the road, eating it's derailleur in the process.

Finding I really don't like it as much as I used to....

safreek

I've had to do that for the last couple weeks as the POS I've been riding skipped a tooth and threw me down the road, eating it's derailleur in the process.

Finding I really don't like it as much as I used to....
Nar, the roadies really suck once you have a mtb

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Because we are understaffed and overworked. Also, I've been crook for a couple of weeks and am a bit behind on some things....
Lol...it's the public service ffs!

Funny side note - I am currently a public servant again, local government this time. Coffee and bar work, but they rolled out the full public servant induction program anyway! It is rather strange.

@link1896 could you run a wider axle and Mount your panniers to it on the outside of the drop outs? It would extend a little like bmx pegs.

safreek

I still love my roadie. I don't think one is better than the other, roadies are just different. Make me choose and I'll keep the MTB, but I'll always have both.
Yeah I did roadies most my life, good for the speed, but, as you say mtb first now.
We have to many potholes around here for roadiing comfortably, even thought about again but the spine shivvers and the date quivers:eek:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Depends on your definition of work. I don't work up a sweat, but I have x number of things to get done and not enough time to do them...

Mind you, its not been too hard to absorb the "work" of someone who left recently...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Lol...it's the public service ffs!

Funny side note - I am currently a public servant again, local government this time. Coffee and bar work, but they rolled out the full public servant induction program anyway! It is rather strange.

@link1896 could you run a wider axle and Mount your panniers to it on the outside of the drop outs? It would extend a little like bmx pegs.
Thought about that option, but it puts the pannier rack too close the the wheel.

Might get away with one custom bracket and take the left side off one of the brake bolt holes

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Trying to fit a kids seat to poodle's old norco sasquatch frame.

More custom fabrication needed. FFS, it never ends.

Maybe a custom derailleur hanger and brake adapter to get the pannier rack mounts clear of the solid thru axle.

Out of curiousity (and every possibility it should be asked in the stupid questions thread!), but would it be easier to modify the pannier brackets so a longer through-axle bolt could just bolt through the wheel/drop-outs/pannier brackets? I mean a through axle is basically just a high-grade bolt - so if a bolt shop has one in the right length/diameter it could be an easier option. I'll be the first to throw my hands up and say I'm not familiar with the drop-out style rear ends though, so there may be things preventing it working. Just a thought.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Out of curiousity (and every possibility it should be asked in the stupid questions thread!), but would it be easier to modify the pannier brackets so a longer through-axle bolt could just bolt through the wheel/drop-outs/pannier brackets? I mean a through axle is basically just a high-grade bolt - so if a bolt shop has one in the right length/diameter it could be an easier option. I'll be the first to throw my hands up and say I'm not familiar with the drop-out style rear ends though, so there may be things preventing it working. Just a thought.
Perfectly valid suggestion.

The pannier bracket isn't long enough if I drop it down to the axle position, tire starts rubbing on the bottom of the pannier.