What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Today I gave the dually a quick run around the soggy Youies. As soon as I put the front wheel on it started bucketing down!

Gave some new bars a run and 2.6 DHR2 on the front. Very impressed with this on the front so far. Thanks to @Capt.Gumby for the bars too!

Have to throw in a few more psi to the shock, was a tad soft and sitting lower in the travel than I liked.

IMAG1875-2000x1500.jpg

IMAG1871-2000x1500.jpg

And yes, time to trim all the cables shortly....

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Nice one, great view hey. Hate riding into a strong headwind when you're buggered!
It is a great spot. Although we were 8n Blue Gum and Mrs wanted to go up to the lookout. I rode a big chunk of Bees Nest in the wrong direction and she gave it a shot too. It is a grinder l.

A few Convict 100 folks in training around today, plus one guy I've rode with before who must be pushing 70 that I have to give a bunch of credit. He then rode back home past Springwood.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Gave up trying to straighten the front rotor that was bent flying it back from Tassie, so will try out the cheap knock off Centreline from ebay. Worth a shot for 8 bucks :)

I doubt many will tick me off for denying geoblocking SRAM the sale.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Stacked it - riding this bike after the Ripley is chalk & cheese...committed both ways to a drop/roll feature and managed to OTB big time. Old mate behind me said it was rather spectacular:

After adjusting to a dropper it’s insane how unmanageable highposting can be, especially when you are used to hitting stuff harder.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stacked it - riding this bike after the Ripley is chalk & cheese...committed both ways to a drop/roll feature and managed to OTB big time. Old mate behind me said it was rather spectacular:

After adjusting to a dropper it’s insane how unmanageable highposting can be, especially when you are used to hitting stuff harder.
Hifi, it breaks my heart every time you post a pic of this bike. If bikes could be compared to cooking celeb's, this would have to be the Nigella of bikes. I miss my blue tallboy. Ride her hard and treat her well, yeah.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Too bloody right! This thing just looks so damn perfect, eh?

I bought the frame new from Kerry @ Phantom in '12 for $3k, never once regretted it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ has anyone ever regretted doing business with Kerry?

I spent a bit of time in the garage this morning. I didn't read have any space for doing level 2 maintenance over the last ~6 months so today I put a fresh cable in for my dropper. It was good to have it actuating smoothly againd. I was pretty rusty at juggling the once easy 3 handed parts of the job! I'll need to tool up more often.