What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Not my bike but spent $20 to borrow one off Cycling Queensland and spend an hour doing laps of the Anne Meares velodrome. Holly shit that timber wall is terrifying and so much fun once you convince yourself to ride up it!!
My wife has some good scars on her elbows and knees from track cycling. She says that the timber ones are the worst. You'd think they are smooth, but apparently you come off and you're getting splinters.

I'll stick to stacking on the dirt

Mica

Likes Dirt
Have you ridden on other velodromes? I've ridden on the concrete one here and it is steep!
First time to do it properly. Only other time on a velodrome was a few laps at the outdoor one at Nerang on a six inch dually. Not quite the same!!

The splinters were a definite concern. All seems like fun and games at the moment but the consequences of messing up are pretty ugly. Don’t think I’ll ever give racing a go as certainly don’t want to be out there with some hothead with a small ego but spinning a few laps on a training session is certainly something I could do every now and then with a few mates.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Chucked a mate’s GoPro on it (first time I’ve used one, thought this under bar spot would be good, just don’t crash!):

Turned out all right!

Need to see what’s happened to the quality though...uploaded via iPhone, will do it all via my PC tonight.

Last edited:

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Lots of noise coming through the bike straight to the GoPro mic, haha.

Only time I've ever mounted to the bike itself was to try capture suspension movement...

Considering trying another from the bottom of the fork, looking upwards to the rider just for something different. But for POV footage, I still can't go past the chin bar mount on the full face. It speaks to me.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This should actually be a LTIL. I used duct tape and a bit of discarded plastic to fix a mud guard on my commuter. It will probably be better than new.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

stirk

Burner
Lots of noise coming through the bike straight to the GoPro mic, haha.

Only time I've ever mounted to the bike itself was to try capture suspension movement...

Considering trying another from the bottom of the fork, looking upwards to the rider just for something different. But for POV footage, I still can't go past the chin bar mount on the full face. It speaks to me.
That's a great perspective, I found myself watch the suspension more than the trail ahead, I liked seeing how the suspension loads up in corners evenly, I wonder if mine is dialled in like that. Your vids are always high quality, nice one.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
That's a great perspective, I found myself watch the suspension more than the trail ahead, I liked seeing how the suspension loads up in corners evenly, I wonder if mine is dialled in like that. Your vids are always high quality, nice one.
Yeah the suspension setup I had on the Spitfire was really nice. Kinda miss it, haha.

And thanks, I'm always trying to gun for better quality video with what I have (just a Session 4 and Sony Vegas, haha), and enjoy trying different perspectives, interesting angles etc. :)