What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Or, as usual, they skimp were they think you’ll notice less.
Also, fark those Shimano 11-46 are an eyesore....just sayin.
Godammit they are awful. Hows the jump from the 2nd to largest cog ??!!?!??

It is an XT cassette, or an XT lockring ?

moorey

call me Mia
Thats what I would have thought, but they upgraded instead. Yeah they are not the prettiest thing, but either is whats above ha ha.
Sorry, misread. Thought you expected XT and got SLX.
I don’t think I could ever run a Shimano 11-46 on looks alone. Makes the sunrace appealing, almost.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Godammit they are awful. Hows the jump from the 2nd to largest cog ??!!?!??

It is an XT cassette, or an XT lockring ?
I was wondering the same, but it is XT. It has the 2nd spider cluster instead of single sprockets.
Not sure about the granny gear, haven't used it yet.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Bought a new crankset for the Heckler from CRC on sale.

Decided it looks better on the spitty....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Aeffect? Probably a bit late now but Ubyk had some good pricing on them.

Don't forget to put some anti-seize on that cinch lockring, put the pedal shims on and spray some lanotec down the spindle.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Godammit they are awful. Hows the jump from the 2nd to largest cog ??!!?!? ?
I’ve used an 11-42 and an 11-46 you really don’t notice much difference. Sure if I was XC racing I’d get a tighter cluster, but I’d also probably run an extra chainring if I was that anal about my cadence.

The top aluminium cogs definitely wear faster than the steel ones though, I’d be interested to know if the Sunrace ones last longer

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I’ve used an 11-42 and an 11-46 you really don’t notice much difference. Sure if I was XC racing I’d get a tighter cluster, but I’d also probably run an extra chainring if I was that anal about my cadence.

The top aluminium cogs definitely wear faster than the steel ones though, I’d be interested to know if the Sunrace ones last longer
Looking at the ratios it’s obvious why you wouldn’t notice the difference between the 11-42 and the 11-46 .... they are exactly the same for all but the largest cog ! A massive 25% ratio jump on the 11-46. A real bail out gear rather than a whole set of matched ratios.

moorey

call me Mia
Not a good week. Just exploded another Bontrager rear hub. The teeth that the freehub ratchet into is free spinning inside the hub body instead of driving the wheel.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro using Tapatalk
‘Another’ Bonty hub is at least 2 too many.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Not a good week. Just exploded another Bontrager rear hub. The teeth that the freehub ratchet into is free spinning inside the hub body instead of driving the wheel.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro using Tapatalk
Wheres that quote of you talkin up bonty parts?
:cool:

Time for a new hub, go 6 gears out back and get a hope trials hub or somethin. Good luck destroying the pawls on that badboy