What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Never let carbon touch alloy without something in the way like grease or grip paste, if you get any water in there you get galvanic corrosion. Most common problem area is seat post but can happen anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Good to know, thank you!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

"Quod est ante pedes nemo spectat, caeli scrutantur plagas
." Although I fail to see how this has any relation to anything you've said. Which makes me think you've missed my meaning with the who "sour grapes" references earlier.
Cicero was a do nothing fatalist, within his lifetime the Roman Empire defeated most of its enemies and more than quadrupled in size and he had stuff all to do with it. This fox has many tasty grapes to choose from whereas all of your bikes are out of action at the moment, so you're in the proverbial well.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Oddjob

That's your last bike with some broken spokes. I'm going to get some popcorn and it should be in pieces by the time I get back.

Ps the Astronomer's original meaning was to guard against the sin of Hubris, a key theme in Greek mythology and theatre. Cicero's Latin quote was along those lines, and was thought to be a thinly veiled attack on Caesar, who at the time was kicking the crap out of the Gaul's while being white anted in the senate.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Binaural

Eats Squid
Good to know, thank you!
It's really amazing how fast carbon and aluminium in close contact without grease will kill each other. One catch: be aware that some grip pastes can cause creaking in my experience, especially on the seatpost, because they have coarse grit in them. If yours creaks, try substituting anti-seize instead, just don't go in there dry.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Smashed off my lovely new OneUp dropper remote + the SS lever during a big stack at GV on the weekend. Decided to replace the OneUp remote with something less, well, plastic. Welcome new BikeYoke Triggy remote. Ergonomics aren't as good, but it certainly feels more sturdy!

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
It's really amazing how fast carbon and aluminium in close contact without grease will kill each other. One catch: be aware that some grip pastes can cause creaking in my experience, especially on the seatpost, because they have coarse grit in them. If yours creaks, try substituting anti-seize instead, just don't go in there dry.
Seatpost isn't an issue, I'm just concerned about my carbon bars. I used paste on the stem, but didn't think to put it on lever clamps, etc.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Seatpost isn't an issue, I'm just concerned about my carbon bars. I used paste on the stem, but didn't think to put it on lever clamps, etc.
I'd definitely add some antiseize in there at least, the pressure at the clamp can help mess up the surface finish.

Oddjob

All this, yet you can't figure out the significance of the Fox and the Grapes. But while we're on the subject of hard to grasp concepts.
The Stumpy has no broken spokes, and I'm going to go ride it. If it breaks I'll be sure to share it! But at least I was riding my bike to achieve that.
The fox tried to disguise his own shortcomings by claiming the grapes were not ripe to begin with... doesn't sound like my problem. I have many many easy to see shortcomings, none of which involve not being able to buy toys.

My problem is understanding why you have your best wheels on that douche mobile.

Check my Strava, I ride bikes plenty. Just not the ones I want to be riding necessarily :(.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Since no one has been inflicted with my uber ride shots for some time.... I had to make amends. Camp fire ashes and broken glass courtesy of the local bogans.

Worken get zee farkening for a little while.
DSC_1003.jpeg

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk