What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Went to three stores for some 0w30 oil to service my lowers. None had it for sale and none would pour me some from their workshop... despite me offering to pay. I hate shops... online so much easier.

Edit: I dislike my wanker local shops (Pt Melb / Sth Melb)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Went to three stores for some 0w30 oil to service my lowers. None had it for sale and none would pour me some from their workshop... despite me offering to pay. I hate shops... online so much easier.

Edit: I dislike my wanker local shops (Pt Melb / Sth Melb)
Just go to Repco/super cheap/autobahn and get some synthetic engine oil.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hit up Lysterfield for a quick spin. The trails were great, showed a couple of folks new to the trails some of the better ones.

Everyone had fun and left with bikes and bodies intact. :^)

Last edited:

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quick spin around Anglesea today. Normally sandy trails had packed down firm with the rain, which mean a few new Strava PRs on the descents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Took the S1 out for its first proper ride yesterday, what a machine. It's about as far removed from my tracer as the tracer is from my cx bike!

I had a fella kindly guide me down turbulence and bandages for the first time yesterday too, was a bit of an eye opener. Kudos to those that can rock the a lines all the way on them, I'm a LOOONG way away from even doing a full b line run.

It's an animal on Cressy though, bull bore from top to bottom and it eats it all up and asks for more. I worry about what trying to do this bike justice is going to do to me though...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Took this thing to Harcourt as the phantom is out of action waiting for its shock back.

Bit more of a handful on the climbs, but with the new 2.5 DHF up front (was a 2.3 DHRII) it's an animal going down.

Just wish someone would do just a little maintenance up there, I can handle the weeds, grass and general crap on the trails but the metre tall thistles and blackberries that try to kill you (and your tyres) is a bit much. Seems PV have zero interest now it's built, which is a damn shame.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
How'd you go with the SS on the rear? I haven't been up there yet, but I plan to over the holidays, and with all the climbing I've heard about I'd prefer to run an SS over the DHF I've currently got on there, but not if I'm going to lose too much grip on the descents.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
How'd you go with the SS on the rear? I haven't been up there yet, but I plan to over the holidays, and with all the climbing I've heard about I'd prefer to run an SS over the DHF I've currently got on there, but not if I'm going to lose too much grip on the descents.
Go the SS. You can break the rear loose with it on easily enough, but that helps there with how tight some of the switchbacks are.

Saved me a few times.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk