What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Had a quick run at Sparrow, dodging many oncoming mtb orienteers who were having a race.

An odd bunch.

Reactions: Zaf

ttnguyen133

Likes Bikes
Ha, were you on the Polygon?
Yeah it’s hella steep. But sooo much fun. Gotta have your wits there.
Yep that was me, parked next to you guys. The fireroad climb is a huge grind though, had enough after just two runs haha. Hopefully the logging gets delayed bit longer so I can come back when I have more fitness under my belt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
+1 - Awesome shot @ttnguyen133

My "extreme" ride today was a sneaky handful of laps around my courtyard. Bit naughty given the surgeon told me no riding for another two months but I couldn't resist - I was going bloody stir crazy!!! Shoulder doesn't feel sore either, so looks like everything's starting to settle down. Will behave myself now, just had to turn the pedals after two months not riding. It felt so good too, haha!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quick morning shakedown. Left my run a little late, so it got hot and I kept it short.
Not sure if I'm going to be able to stretch out another two weeks on these tyres, they're getting a bit loose.
What bag is that in the front triangle?

Reactions: Zaf

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yep that was me, parked next to you guys. The fireroad climb is a huge grind though, had enough after just two runs haha. Hopefully the logging gets delayed bit longer so I can come back when I have more fitness under my belt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah that climb can be loooong. especially if you hit the lower trails but it’s actually a pretty reasonable gradient so I just get into a zone and spin up it.
We average about 5-6 runs.
Wasn’t aware of imminent logging?
This fills me with happy, I'm staying at a mates place down there next school hols, I hope to get a few of those sunrises and corners in.
You’ll have a ball. Especially after a bit of rain it will be back to primo form. Super dry and dusty at moment. Like most of Vic I suppose.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Wasn’t aware of imminent logging?
There's been a sign up since roughly spring time last year saying they plan to log it and revegetate. Ironic in some ways, it's one of the last places you regularly see black cockatoos. I wish they'd selectively log and gradually reveg rather than clearfell and try and start over leaving no habitat for anythjng in the meantime.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
There's been a sign up since roughly spring time last year saying they plan to log it and revegetate. Ironic in some ways, it's one of the last places you regularly see black cockatoos. I wish they'd selectively log and gradually reveg rather than clearfell and try and start over leaving no habitat for anythjng in the meantime.
I had a couple of black cockatoos eating from my peach tree this week. Crazy prehistoric creatures.

The indigenous name for them is Nowra, I learned from riding the mtb tracks there.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
While The Boy did shuttles at Black Hill all day, I occupied myself with exploring the XC loop. That's a bloody steep climb! I managed three times before calling it a day. The ride back down had a lot of interesting bits. I somehow managed to bottom out my shock on this one g-out.

Also did a couple of runs down the Mini-Muddies track. That one's about my speed; the big kids' DH tracks scare me.

Jpez

Down on the left!
While The Boy did shuttles at Black Hill all day, I occupied myself with exploring the XC loop. That's a bloody steep climb! I managed three times before calling it a day. The ride back down had a lot of interesting bits. I somehow managed to bottom out my shock on this one g-out.

Also did a couple of runs down the Mini-Muddies track. That one's about my speed; the big kids' DH tracks scare me.
Club organised shuttles or private? I love Blackhill but absolutely detest that brutal push up track.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A big MTB first for me, had an epic day doing shuttles at Linga Longa bike park. Rode all the trails, a few of them several times. Didn’t bin it but came close plenty of times. Some gnarly steep rock gardens to pick your way through and while I toppled part way down the side of one I considered that this was a downside to carbon frames, worrying about bashing a hole in the big fat downtube on a rock. No harm done and unfinished business to master that bit next time. Didn’t jump any gaps or tabletops, but did all the drop offs ok. One of them was pretty fast and on the landing gave me a scare when the back tyre grabbed the crutch of my shorts. Fortunately I didn’t end up jammed against the top of the seat stays while having a big off ! Great facilities, cafe, crew running the show. Had a ball, will be back ASAP ! Was so good being able to have a shower before the 100km drive home. Stoked with the bike, got full value out of the 203mm rotors, I hadn’t put the rear one on until yesterday and it got a real workout, had some slight blue tinged patches on it early on. Four piston brakes are on my want list ! My suspension setup seems to be fairly ok, but better small bump compliance would be nice. I could have dropped the pressure a bit but didn’t want to get caught up in fiddling with it. Tyres were new Minion II front and rear in 2.5” and were awesome. Ran them a tad harder than my usual 24/22psi because of the gnarly rock gardens.

Attachments