What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was hot as hell this weekend, but managed to get up early for a quick squirt around the Currawong Falls loop
In Aireys Inlet. Anti-clockwise, the descent is one of my favourite tracks of all time. Super fast, naturally flowing and around the 7 min mark at a decent pace.

If anyone is down along the Surf Coast with a bike handy I can’t recommend it enough. Best to do it early morning to avoid totalling hikers on the way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
It was hot as hell this weekend, but managed to get up early for a quick squirt around the Currawong Falls loop
In Aireys Inlet. Anti-clockwise, the descent is one of my favourite tracks of all time. Super fast, naturally flowing and around the 7 min mark at a decent pace.

If anyone is down along the Surf Coast with a bike handy I can’t recommend it enough. Best to do it early morning to avoid totalling hikers on the way up.

Got a trail head location / best place to park? I'd be interested in having a look at those...

BT180

Max Pfaff
Trying to replace the down tube protector and one of the bloody screw heads is rounded. Now attempting to drill it out, so look out for me in the f-wits thread soon.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Chucked these Rimpact rim protection on. About $90 AUD delivered, includes tubeless valves which are similar to the Cushcore design.
Valve works fine with Stan's sealant injector for an easier installation.
The shape made it sit nicely on the rim (30mm internal) and mounting the tyres was very easy. Magic Mary SG and DHR2 DD.

On the trail, I didn't notice the extra weight (85g per wheel). Ran similar pressures as I usually do (~20/23). Will try a bit lower next time.
Most of all ... my rim doesn't going 'clang' anymore... it now experiences pain in silence.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got a trail head location / best place to park? I'd be interested in having a look at those...
Yep - Distillery Creek Picnic Area. Head off down the nature trail first before it turns into the Currawong Falls Track as its best ridden anti-clockwise. There’s no real turnoffs, just follow the trail around and it’ll bring you back to the start. It’s about a 12km loop.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Yep - Distillery Creek Picnic Area. Head off down the nature trail first before it turns into the Currawong Falls Track as its best ridden anti-clockwise. There’s no real turnoffs, just follow the trail around and it’ll bring you back to the start. It’s about a 12km loop.

Sounds good! I'll have to check it out.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
First ride since I effed up my left knee in an altercation with a tree and an 8' embankment about 10 days ago. It was so good to ride again. A week ago I could barely walk. Anyway, I rode my stumpy with clips as the constant foot placement and being able to pull up, really helped. Ace.