What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1st ride in a coupla weeks due to working FIFO. CBF doing any exercise bike in the gym this swing so expected to pay for my slackness.
Two steps forward, one step back, had to pause a couple of times being a bit puffed during the 16km loop I was getting through without stopping on my last break.
A couple of cocked up landings, I think I'm pulling to my stronger side when launching. A couple of OK landings, cleanly over the big logs.
Still got the Mino Link in the Low setting from my recent Linga Longa visit, will flip it back and do the same ride again tomorrow.
Gave the bike it's first wash, still super stoked with it :)

Jpez

Down on the left!
Uh oh what were the issues ? I've been thinking of getting a One Up dropper, the OEM Bontrager on my bike is developing some play after only a few months.
Apparently a batch a while back had issues with seat clamp pressure jamming the post. Essentially I couldn’t have the seat clamp done up at all.
My 170 measured 162mm.
And the actuator set up didn’t gel with my bike at all. It relies on the outer to move and actuate the dropper.
But in saying all that a lot of people have had great experiences with the One Up and swear by it. I’m just not not one of em.
Maybe mine was made on a Friday arvo. Who knows.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bikeyoke......... you owe it to yourself
I know right....I want one that isn't going to crap out on me, and has a short full insertion length, the One Up was looking like I might be able to fit the 170mm version in my frame. But if they are prone to crapping out then no deal. I used the hell out of it at Linga Longa (bike park) and finished the day with more rotational slop than it started with. It hasn't even seen any wet conditions yet, being new in January.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Removed a slashed rear and refitted and sealed (1st go thankfully) a new ardent race. Packed the gear and the young fellas stuff to for my return to club racing - look out d grade!

Thankful Kerry at phantom had my rear tyre of choice on the shelf...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
New Jagwire shifter cable and an upgrade to an X01 shifter for the Trances Eagle bits.

Glorious shifting returned :)

stirk

Burner
I just did some training today, Oaks car park to heli pad and back. Now it's getting cooler I'm looking forward to crisp mornings and 50km mountains rides.

The first 1/3 of the single track from the gate is a wrist wrecker I'm fearful missus palm is out of action for a while.

IMG_20190323_102730177_HDR-751x1335.jpg

Saw heaps of these spider webs, even arachnids are building apartments!

IMG_20190323_091756500-1336x752.jpg