What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Really?! hahaha And yep, Bunnings. Has a history of munching bike parts!
I have the same issue, not just Bunnings but the whole bloody N Beaches...I've got the Oneup on mine and it has a couple of good scraps on the bottom, and you won't even notice the extra weight once it's on :D

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Tathra today was ace. We were pretty toast from yesterday, so thought we’d ride a fire trail near the fire shed down to an ocean cliff top. On the way I spotted some single track, in we go, and it must have been a battle with the council at the time as it had a tyre wash. Anyway very cool trail, quite rocky in spots, and I’m quite sure it has not been ridden in a very long time. After that we get to the coast, spot the coastal walk, and it didn’t say “no bikes” so natch, in we go. Fan friggin tastic, quite knarly, Lotta steps, which the Process eats up. Headed back to base, and did some of the quarry side trails, and it was almost three hours by the time we got back the car. Some incredible rides here, and not all of it in the mtb park.

A8910746-20EC-4A39-8F56-4F32CB29EF2F.png
FFF293EE-28F7-45A0-ADA0-DA58CFB84B6E.png
0E525A40-DED9-4143-911B-AC6923340E81.png

Last edited:

nzhumpy

If the MRP is on the shopping list just check their website for approved lubes...I had one a few years ago that disintegrated because I was using an incompatible lube (Prolink Gold), but they were pretty good and sent out replacement parts anyway.

BT180

Max Pfaff
If the MRP is on the shopping list just check their website for approved lubes...I had one a few years ago that disintegrated because I was using an incompatible lube (Prolink Gold), but they were pretty good and sent out replacement parts anyway.
Oh wow, that's the first I've heard of lube compatibility with bashys. I quite like the 77designz ones. Nice and minimal

nzhumpy

My issue was about 7 years ago and it was the first I'd heard of it as well... maybe they have changed some materials since because I haven't heard of too many dramas with them but just thought it was worth mentioning.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Headed out for an explore today while my car was being serviced. Took some photos and wasn't letting the bike out of my sight! :p

Also headed into Baum Cycles. They gave me the tour and had a chat. There's some serious quality going on in there!
View attachment 355215

Do you always let it drink from the trough? Or is it after the lollies?

I cranked the lsc up on mine and hit my usual run home. Felt harsh, didn't use any more travel than normal, but according to Strava, was significantly faster than it's ever been before.

Hmmmm, guess who's gonna have a cup of concrete tonight.

Last edited:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
On the drive home from Tathra, we rode a bit of Mount Taylor. The weather was threatening and Sue snapped a chain in the main climb, so after fixing her bike, we ended up cutting the ride short. So we went back down to the Milky Way trail and then pushed up the Flow trail for a bit, which was pretty good fun, and it reminded me of a mini version of track 2 at Harcourt. Then we rode some of the AM trail, and that was fun too. Then we rode 10 minutes into the XC trail and back, and it was cool too. Didn’t really get to ride enough of it to know the place, so can’t really comment, but we’ll probably try it again, if we are driving by.

Last edited:

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On the drive home from Tathra, we rode a bit of Mount Taylor. The weather was threatening and Sue snapped a chain in the main climb, so after fixing her bike, we ended up cutting the ride short. So we went back down to the Milky Way trail and then pushed up the Flow trail for a bit, which was pretty good fun, and it reminded me of a mini version of track 2 at Harcourt. Then we rode some of the AM trail, and that was fun too. Then we rode 10 minutes into the XC trail and back, and it was cool too. Didn’t really get to ride enough of it to know the place, so can’t really comment, but we’ll probably try it again, if we are driving by.
I rode mount Taylor whilst visiting mates who lived in the banksia pennisula.

I absolutely loved it! Great flow. Big features. Loose.

Shitty fire road climb but I was in it for the descents.

Would love to spend a day out there shuttling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk