What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Took off my flats.

Contemplating replacing her pedals with Crank Bro Mallet DH's and going clipless. :/

Last edited:

lautero

Squid
  • Sold my 2014 talon at a huge loss, lesson learnt
  • Replaced missing pins in my jet black pedals (keep forgetting to tighten them, design flaw?)
  • Serviced then took my road bike for a spin, remembered why I don't ride it
  • Washed and polished my new stumpy fsr, found 2 big new gouges in the fork and frame :(

I guess I have a lot left to learn. Damn expensive hobby.

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Bought these:

Crank Brothers Mallet DH

&

Teva Pivot

& went clipless. What a learning curve this will be. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it and it will be worth it.

DrDoom

Squid
Installed a 50mm stem and 30mm riser renthal fat bar trimmed to 700mm on my Remedy 9. Digging the more responsive control I'm getting plus my lower back is thanking me for the riser over the stock 75/85mm stem and flat bars.

Also going to dabble into the darkside of clipless, see how well I can destroy myself sliding out around a corner forgetting to clip out.

Ordered myself some Shimano M162's

CrankBrothers Candy 2

Might have to get some mallets and flat SPD's down the track i think..

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Just fitted the Proshox offset mounting hardware (that arrived today) to my 2006 Reign 1 . Dropped the BB height by around 20mm with a noticeably slacker head angle. Can't wait to point her down some steep stuff to feel the difference.

DOWN HILL DAN

Likes Bikes
Bent bike

I rode mine an then crashed mine.the only damage a bent peddle how the frig do you bend a peddle i no cart wheel down a hill in the mud at 60k its good fun.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took a significant step to getting back on it. Diastasis screw removed and told to weight bear after 10 weeks on crutches.
The count down begins!

Minlak

custom titis
Let's see today I changed the bars to a 40mm rise bar to take some pressure off my lower back on the Cube Hardtail. Changed the grips to ODI Rogue Lock-Ons. Went for a ride at the Promisedland Mountain Bike Trails this morning found a new trail that isn't sign posted yet and realised I am way out of my depth on that trail. Managed to sit on my nuts getting back on the bike at one section that was fun. Then came home and fitted the new Crossmark Tubeless tyres. Wow having Tubeless tyres took 20 mins to fit compared to the 5 hrs for the tyres that were already on my bike.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Whilst waiting for my new wheels to arrive I thought it a good opportunity to clean the bike. Ended up stripping the whole thing down and doing a complete rebuild. Every screw and bolt undone, cleaned, lubed and reassembled, cables cleaned and lubed, the lot. Only thing I didn't do was new bar tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Whilst waiting for my new wheels to arrive I thought it a good opportunity to clean the bike. Ended up stripping the whole thing down and doing a complete rebuild. Every screw and bolt undone, cleaned, lubed and reassembled, cables cleaned and lubed, the lot. Only thing I didn't do was new bar tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bar Tape?

I don't think anyone cares what you did to your roadie! Ew.