What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pliskin

Likes Dirt
I was thinking that too...but unsure how safe it is to have an air mattress on the camping grounds of kowen... ie sharp rocks?
is it even 'legal' to write on your racing plates?
rocks aren't really an issue.
while i dot think there is much room on the number plate to write anything else, there is nothing to stop you affixing a small name plate to the back of ya helmet with cable ties.

Locknatious

Likes Bikes
Got my new bike today, a Giant talon 27.5 1. took it for a spin around the block, seen a small dirt mound so i thought id have a crack at it.. and i stacked it... rookie mistake right there..

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Received a package yesterday from Carbonal... dead sexy rigid fork, and some bars. Only 3 more packages (damn headset and derailleur hanger) and I can finally build the new steed.

Also spent most of yesterday evening looking at more chinese carbon parts I can buy. At least it's cheaper that cocaine per weight...

moorey

call me Mia
Cyclesport uk. You can choose hub colour.
I hereby withdraw my previous support for cyclesport uk. They were good to me and a mate 6 months ago, but are currently fucking around 2 guys I recommended to buy from them. Communication has been poor, and they aren't holding stock in wheels that they list as in stock.
Apologies to those concerned.
Not saying they will rip you off, but I see no reason to save $10 using them, even if you get hub colours, if you have to wait a month or more with bad communication.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
the Ti bolts I bought were for the saddle head clamp, not the remote end.... however the remote clamp bolt uses a 3mm allen key, so i assume its a M3 bolt with 2mm thread?
Going to be really hard to buy a single bolt in that size.... you might have more luck using an old bolt from a grip's lock ring?
M3 has a 3mm thread, M2 has a 2mm thread...

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Still, per gram, and consumption rate over a 5 year period... I still think you'd come out ahead financially being addicted to cf components.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Snipped a couple mm off my KS LEV cable... bit of play in the remote and the 'return speed' was becoming quite slow and a little erratic due to stretching.

Now, good as new. :D

shane0

Likes Bikes
Are you running a type 2 derailleur? If not, interested to know how it performs with the bottom guide as I'm considering dipping a toe but don't want to shell out for a new mech till I'm sure I'll stick with it. Does look the goods though.
Not running a type2. So far its been perfect haven't dropped the chain once. There is a little more chain slap but im sure i can fix that with shortening the chain a bit.

ChopSticks

Banned
installed some new Ti bolts onto the bike (seat clamp, Cranks pinch bolts, saddle/rails)

and bought some padded knicks to hopefully take the pain away !

Minlak

custom titis
installed some new Ti bolts onto the bike (seat clamp, Cranks pinch bolts, saddle/rails)

and bought some padded knicks to hopefully take the pain away !
Bonjella cream all over your arse is the key.

And reminds me I need some bling bolts for color must order them thanks :)

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Made this....

To cope with the wet season
Too much colour? maybe should have stuck to plain old black?
The green of the guard matches the green of the bike perfectly though

MTB Pilot

Likes Dirt
I officially said goodbye to my Giant XTC 26" bike and ordered a Giant Anthem Advanced 25.5 1. I pick it up Friday. A move to a FS bike and a first for carbon too. Now to sell my XTC.

I also ordered a 27.5" for my son seeing as he's outgrown his bike.

Picking both up together. Can't wait to put them on the roof racks.