What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

camoshop

Banned
Well that was fun. Just took it for a quick ride on the street and the chain started jumping under load.
Then ping, powerlink decided to go elsewhere.
On a brighter not the 40 tooth clearance is much better than the 42. And pretty good spread on the Recon cassette.
I think your chain wanted to jump ship and didn't want to be seen with that frayed cable haha lucky it happened in your back yard and not out in the trail, could of been a worse out come.

camoshop

Banned
okay so the shock pump worked fine, I'm pretty sure when i first bought the bike there wasn't the right amount of psi in there for my weight then 98kg which they apparently set for me. so I'm pretty sure when i pressed the the valve the other week twice didn't let a heap of air out, tonight when i connected the pump said there was only 30psi in there, most of the time I've been riding I've had it on the trail setting because descend mode was way too soft.. so now at 80 psi and the say that you guys said seems nice and firm :third: can't wait to test them.

styler

Likes Dirt
Put on a Recon 11-40 tooth cassette

And whilst a light pedal around the backyard this happened. ..
I think you may have forgotten to add a couple of links when you went up from the 11-36 looks like your a couple of links to short on that chain. :frusty: this post may be in the wrong area :behindsofa:

Minlak

custom titis
okay so the shock pump worked fine, I'm pretty sure when i first bought the bike there wasn't the right amount of psi in there for my weight then 98kg which they apparently set for me. so I'm pretty sure when i pressed the the valve the other week twice didn't let a heap of air out, tonight when i connected the pump said there was only 30psi in there, most of the time I've been riding I've had it on the trail setting because descend mode was way too soft.. so now at 80 psi and the say that you guys said seems nice and firm :third: can't wait to test them.
Very small amounts of air make a massive difference to the pressure in the shock. I messed up and dropped half the psi just getting the shock pump off the valve :)

ChopSticks

Banned
finally got around to installing a vivid shock on mate's SB..... straight forward swap from the old CTD.

SOOOOOOO PLUSH! real test will be tomorrow's ride. Also bled and shortened the brake hoses.

Minlak

custom titis
No loss shock pump for the win.
Its actually interesting you should say that because...

When I got my Rocky Mountain it had RockShox on it and the pump I was given was a Top Peak. It had the screw it on then screw it in action for lossless air pumpage and worked quite well. I would screw it on then tighten the air putting it bit(cant think of actual names) until it would just engage the valve and the pumpo would give me the reading and off I go and I lost very little air removing it. My Trek has Fox on it and came with a Bontrager pump that doesn't have this feature. Now weather I use the Top Peak or the Bontrager on the Fox shocks when then valve is engaged I get one readling leats say 80psi on the front then if I continue to engage the valve the reading will go up to the correct 125psi. It is like it has some kind of two step engagement of the air valves. I lose the same amount of air removing it no matter which pump I use.

I should research it some day but for now content to put it on forum vaguely explain it and defend my position to the death.

urallwrong

Likes Dirt
Installed a 32t NW. One less shifter. One less derailleur. One less bit of internal housing rattling in the frame. Rode it today. FLAWLESS. Wish the LBS had another color in stock... Oh... And I paid retail $ for it. Rare occurrence for me but wanted instant gratification.
View attachment 300985

spurr

Likes Bikes
Good news: Long overdue replacement of BB30, rear hub bearings & rear rotor ahead of the Mont this weekend, great to have it going and stopping without the squeaks and grinding I've endured for the past couple of months.

Bad news: discovered some cracks around the eyelets in rear rim = more $$ for new wheels to be built up. Que sera, sera.

Winno

Likes Dirt
Installed a 32t NW. One less shifter. One less derailleur. One less bit of internal housing rattling in the frame. Rode it today. FLAWLESS. Wish the LBS had another color in stock... Oh... And I paid retail $ for it. Rare occurrence for me but wanted instant gratification.
View attachment 300985
Looks good.
Just did the same change myself.
Think less and enjoy the trails more.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yaayy finally ordered a new fork to replace the Dart. Was tempted by the Minute Expert, even a Reba....the SID that CRC had on sale looked pretty mean with the black stanchions, but that might have been stretching the budget a little. So in the end I went with the 120mm Manitou Marvel Comp. Have always had Rock Shox in the past so I'm looking forward to this.

Now there should be a couple more $$ available to get a couple of little extra bits....well pending approval from the finance boss, he wants an itemized list first apparently lol lol.

Winno

Likes Dirt
Roadie alert!

Bought this today

Then changed out the std jockey wheels for BBB Aluboy ceramics

And swapped out the Prologo seat for my Selle Italia SLR TT

Dropped the seat height 5mm and moved it forward 5mm. Just right for now.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Dismantled the 1970's Super Elliot road bike or near enough that I found at the Broken Hill tip shop last weekend. Ten bucks (because eight was too cheap). The Sunburnt Express will ride again...

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your approval system is back to front! your supposed to buy the shit, then lie about the price.
Doesn't work when everything is "ours" and I'm the 2ndary name on the credit card lol....add internet banking to the mix and we both see everyting haha. But he asks nicely when he wants stuff too....he's getting new tyres for the fourby tomorrow, suppose that's why I got my fork haha. Only problem is that we own one car so that's deemed "ours" rather than his. hmmmmm

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Did my first ever shock service ( plenty of forks ) for some reason shocks scared me ? Dt swiss on the Merida went well and also gave it a new rubena kratos tubeless to match the rear . Loving the grip on these tyres . New compressor from bunnings seated it all well .