What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Could tighten the clamp a bit looser to avoid that?
Tighten it looser? :lol:

Running them somewhat loose can help. I still snapped one on a tree as well though, must have been just the right angle. I don't think they are rated to win in a fight with a tree.

Jeeves

Likes Bikes
It's not so much what I did for my bike, but what i will be able to do...

Big rearrange of my garage last night after a Straya day BBQ lunch.

I've now got my suspension servicing area set up, (old kitchen sink with a bucket under for fluid collection).
Air compressor is now in a sound reducing box (old kitchen cupboard).

I predict a Pike service in the in the near future.:whistle:

Fitted my DX pedals, set up the base tune on the forks & rear shock, then took the new bike out for bloody good blat! Just in time for our 5 days of trail madness in Mt. Buller at the end of the week.

New bike days rule!

NB: Yes, I'm aware that I still haven't cut out the cassette frisbee.

photo(1).jpg

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Fitted my DX pedals, set up the base tune on the forks & rear shock, then took the new bike out for bloody good blat! Just in time for our 5 days of trail madness in Mt. Buller at the end of the week.

New bike days rule!

NB: Yes, I'm aware that I still haven't cut out the cassette frisbee.

View attachment 324340

Soooo many expert's and elite's being bought at the current price! Ripper deal.

I need that monarch on mine though. :pout:

How about you give me the monarch so my bike is entirely black, and in return I'll give you a corset equiped fox...

Soooo many expert's and elite's being bought at the current price! Ripper deal.

I need that monarch on mine though. :pout:

How about you give me the monarch so my bike is entirely black, and in return I'll give you a corset equiped fox...
Yeah, truth be told the Enduro Elite hadn't even really factored on my radar initially (due to it not fitting my 'straight out of the box' requirement). Took a variety of bikes in that 150mm+ cat for a spin, then jumped on the Enduro & was really surprised at how much I liked it- the price was also very attractive. Was pretty easy to make peace with the brake upgrade down the track along with changing out the wheels (the Roval's will become back-up wheels). I was pretty indifferent as to whether the new bike was going to carbon or alloy, but having a Monarch RC3 Plus on my other bike made it a no-brainer when then deciding between the Enduro Elite & the carbon Expert once I had settled on the Dirty S.

slowmick

38-39"
Suffered on my pre-work ride this morning - there was nothing left in the legs. Spent Sunday night through to yesterday afternoon at Mt Buller. Sunday night i went out for an explore on the XC trails. It proved that i don't have the legs for the epic just yet. loved gang gangs, suffered corn hill, struggled around Medusa, got a bit worried with just how far the trail goes down on Misty Twisty and then had huge smile on my face for Clancy's run at dusk. Split rock damn near killed me. 36/42 is not low enough gearing for them thar hills.

Monday and Tuesday were spent riding Copperhead and Abom. Was too chicken to head out to International. Wound up having a ball on the bottom of copperhead amongst the trees. Using Abom to cut off the top of copperhead made it a whole lot more fun.

Still need lots more practice - the section of copperhead that zig zags down the fire road freaks me out. Spent a lot of time trying to get used to riding with my left foot forward - weird.

Still beats working.:first:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Yeah, truth be told the Enduro Elite hadn't even really factored on my radar initially (due to it not fitting my 'straight out of the box' requirement). Took a variety of bikes in that 150mm+ cat for a spin, then jumped on the Enduro & was really surprised at how much I liked it- the price was also very attractive. Was pretty easy to make peace with the brake upgrade down the track along with changing out the wheels (the Roval's will become back-up wheels). I was pretty indifferent as to whether the new bike was going to carbon or alloy, but having a Monarch RC3 Plus on my other bike made it a no-brainer when then deciding between the Enduro Elite & the carbon Expert once I had settled on the Dirty S.
Is yours a sick fiddy B? Stock wheels were decent for stock, LB 35's I fitted transformed it however.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Suffered on my pre-work ride this morning - there was nothing left in the legs. Spent Sunday night through to yesterday afternoon at Mt Buller. Sunday night i went out for an explore on the XC trails. It proved that i don't have the legs for the epic just yet. loved gang gangs, suffered corn hill, struggled around Medusa, got a bit worried with just how far the trail goes down on Misty Twisty and then had huge smile on my face for Clancy's run at dusk. Split rock damn near killed me. 36/42 is not low enough gearing for them thar hills.

Monday and Tuesday were spent riding Copperhead and Abom. Was too chicken to head out to International. Wound up having a ball on the bottom of copperhead amongst the trees. Using Abom to cut off the top of copperhead made it a whole lot more fun.

Still need lots more practice - the section of copperhead that zig zags down the fire road freaks me out. Spent a lot of time trying to get used to riding with my left foot forward - weird.

Still beats working.:first:
That fireroad section beats you up man. By the end of the day my hands are usually screaming at me come that section. But the final section of Copperhead more than makes up for it haha

Is yours a sick fiddy B? Stock wheels were decent for stock, LB 35's I fitted transformed it however.
Yep. Threw a leg over the 2015 carbon Enduro 29er for a laugh- made me feel dirty, in a bad way.

Will upgrade the brakes first then look to put on some wheels in a few months. Just swapped out the rear tyre for a Butcher (forecast for Buller is wet) & the wheels are now running tubeless. Pretty pumped to see how it goes on some decent trail.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Yep. Threw a leg over the 2015 carbon Enduro 29er for a laugh- made me feel dirty, in a bad way.

Will upgrade the brakes first then look to put on some wheels in a few months. Just swapped out the rear tyre for a Butcher (forecast for Buller is wet) & the wheels are now running tubeless. Pretty pumped to see how it goes on some decent trail.
:pout: i tested the s-works 650, and comp 29 and fell in love with the extra inches of the 29er. makes mince meat of my local trails.

i've got a purgatory on the rear of my roval wheels. nice grippy rear without being too draggy.

what brakes did it come with, Guide R? i put RS (and waiting for my RSC to arrive...) on mine, fantastic!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some new tyres rocked up so decided to get down to business and figure out where my wheel weight is.

Here's the front wheel including tape, valve and rotor.

Minus rotor: 890g

Here's the weight with a 29x2.5 Minion DHF, rotor and 100ml of Stans

Rear wheel with XTR 11-40 cassette, rotor, tape and valve

Minus the rotor and cassette: 979g

Weight with a 29x2.3 Minion SS, rotor, cassette and 100ml of Stans

Total weight of both wheels with tape and valves is 1869g

Claimed weight is 1762g bare. So around 100g in tape and valves, which sounds about right.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
good tyre choice!

i've put a few rides on my Minion SS... it's my new favourite tyre. it suffers the typical loss of traction on loose rocky climbs as expected, but it far surpasses the Scrabble Rock Razor, and is marginally better than the Spesh Slaughter.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
good tyre choice!

i've put a few rides on my Minion SS... it's my new favourite tyre. it suffers the typical loss of traction on loose rocky climbs as expected, but it far surpasses the Scrabble Rock Razor, and is marginally better than the Spesh Slaughter.

Good to hear! Coming off the Rock Razor I was hoping for a small improvement. The 2.5 DHF looks about the same size as the 2.35 Magic Mary that came off and they both weigh the same.

The all black Enduro is looking slick, when's the black chain coming?