What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Washed and re-lubed the duallie after getting caught in the massive downpour/hailstorm at the Youies yesterday arvo. I was on track for a PR of 30 km, too! Had to settle for 27.7. Still a PR, but not what I was aiming for.

Lots of fun pinning it back down to the office car park with rain all over my glasses. Good freakin' times.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The new fork hit work today. 2015 Marzocchi 55 CR. Excited to have Marzocchi back on at least 1 of the bikes!

I grabbed it out of the box for a look and noticed some leakage from the cr / dbc side. Not massive, but given there's only meant to be 20ml in it, it could be an issue.

But given I'm no expert with these forks I can't say exactly. Anyone have any experience with these? Should I refill before setting off?

View attachment 331573
View attachment 331574
I've had a similar issue with other Marzocchi forks and Rock Shock forks. Sometimes the fix is as simple as doing things up snug, otherwise it has required an O ring replacement.

The 55 CR is a sweet fork, very sexy feel on the trail. Good choice sir.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've had a similar issue with other Marzocchi forks and Rock Shock forks. Sometimes the fix is as simple as doing things up snug, otherwise it has required an O ring replacement.

The 55 CR is a sweet fork, very sexy feel on the trail. Good choice sir.
Why thank you... Just had a read up on the dbc cartridge and first step will be to just tighten the top cap. Step 2 if the damping is up the creek will be a bleed of the cartridge. Doesn't seem too hard watching the vids.... Time will tell, that time hopefully being Monday and taking in the above mentioned clam! Gotta commit to that one! Great track, boulder!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Why thank you... Just had a read up on the dbc cartridge and first step will be to just tighten the top cap. Step 2 if the damping is up the creek will be a bleed of the cartridge. Doesn't seem too hard watching the vids.... Time will tell, that time hopefully being Monday and taking in the above mentioned clam! Gotta commit to that one! Great track, boulder!
They are Marzocchi...can't be too hard to work on. A Marzocchi service from my lbs is about 1/2 the price of a Fox service. I'm not equipped to do them at home. Also being Marzocchi I doubt there is only 20ml of juice...they are well known for oversupply so a ride or so shouldn't hurt.

I'd not realised that rock in BK's pic was a berm...delicious. Is it a steep wall ride type scenario?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And just in case anyone is wondering that qr barcode is bs! Goes nowhere... :Cry: Must be bloody Fox's doing.... :yield:
Think again...got one on mine as well.

QR codes are one of the most consistently abused e-tools in the marketing departments quiver. So much head shaking whilst I worked in the community services sector over it. Keep it simple fuckers! Snap up the code and be taken to something specific and relevant to why it is there, and mobile device friendly...seems simple yeah? On those forks I'd send you to a.nice little page with a sexy slide show of the fork and links to detailed pages. And a video of someone pushing the fork to its limits...

wkkie

That would make sense....

A better perspective on boulder:
[video=youtube_share;K8RnrWHuqes]https://youtu.be/K8RnrWHuqes[/video]

BT180

Max Pfaff
Road it at 6am and got very wet. Still had fun though, except for those first few moments when water and mud flick up your back and drooping, wet foliage whack you in the face.

wkkie

While not my bike, it is in my possession, I took an old friend from a mate today, his 3x front get up.... Used 3 of these cheap eBay rings on different bikes now and zero issues. Only problem is now it needs a new bottom bracket... Next eBay guinea pig job!
20160824_233502-800x450.jpg

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
While not my bike, it is in my possession, I took an old friend from a mate today, his 3x front get up.... Used 3 of these cheap eBay rings on different bikes now and zero issues. Only problem is now it needs a new bottom bracket... Next eBay guinea pig job!
View attachment 331615
XT BB is $29 off Pushys, how much cheaper do you want?