What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Nice. So just straight over the black?

Edit: I can actually read... So yes... Do you get a different effect with different base colours? Or can you only use black?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Nice. So just straight over the black?

Edit: I can actually read... So yes... Do you get a different effect with different base colours? Or can you only use black?
Sorta. the original black was two tone and had painted artwork on it so it needed to be smoothed out first and given a uniform coat of black.

Apparently yes, the paint underneath makes a big difference. I have no previous experience with the stuff so I just went with what was recommended, colour shift over black. I was told it looks different with other colours or shades but might not have as much of the shifting effect. I was sceptical about the clear too but it made a big difference, the shift worked much better with a couple of coats of clear.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Was so bloody nice out I decided to pull apart wifeys craftworks today, service all 2 of the bearings, and give it a cheeky respray...

Pulled apart -

An intimate rubdown and some black paint -

3 coats of colour shift, looking good -

2 coats of clear, really brings out that colour shift! -

Super happy with how this has turned out, the black looked great, but this looks bloody amazing. Photos don't do the shift justice, it's a brilliant finish.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Looks ace!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Sensational mate. Always nice when a paint job turns out better than you expect lol

Now...are you gonna leave that brake line there?