What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Put my order in for when the next batch is ready. Nothing else was comparing for what I wanted. Light, bang on geometry for maximum fun times with a focus on quality finish and maintainence.

Now Mara vs H3C vs orange hazzard with sprindex?
Hawt. ;)

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Put my order in for when the next batch is ready. Nothing else was comparing for what I wanted. Light, bang on geometry for maximum fun times with a focus on quality finish and maintainence.

Now Mara vs H3C vs orange hazzard with sprindex?
Mara for matchy matchy.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Aha, pleb. Suffer with the rest of us.

No mates rates for you? Did you even offer wristies for some old industry pals to sling you a deal?
Haha unfortunately my German wristies are currently now only trading as reverse. My other EU friends unfortunately didn't make a frame I liked. But I'll buy a 26p from them at some stage! Otherwise the builds pretty top value. Well ahead of the off the shelve options. Kten sorted my stumbling block on the fork.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Out of interest, what's Kalamunda like in terms of challenge and interest? I might be moving to Perth from Cairns in the next couple of years and so I thought I'd do my research early :D
Not sure what to say really as I haven't ridden on the east coast to offer any comparisons.

Mt Gunjin is the main focus for shuttle runs. About 150m descent over 2km in a straight line. Various blue and black options, mix of old hand built rocky trails and newer machine built flow stuff with berms etc.

The rest of Kalamunda is xc circuit stuff, mainly blue with a bit of green and black. Over 50km of trails with alot of different ways to link them up, so you can make it what you want it to be.

Plenty of different features like wooden berms, single, double and table top jumps, north shore style stuff etc mixed around, and most difficult stuff have b lines.

Nearby there are unsactioned double black trails that are supposedly pretty heavy going in parts.

And then other trail options through the Perth hills and not far out of Perth.

What sort of riding are you into?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Phenomenal service from Light Bicycles.

I simply sent their sales dept an email saying I love their rims & have just busted one after four years & need a replacement of the same type - including my serial number.

Well, Jenny got back to me, having already generated an invoice for exactly what I needed based on my order history with them (linked to the serial number).

I simply had to click "pay now" via Paypal. Ended up being $266 shipped.

Beat that!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Beat that!
Could have been free ! Aside from that sounds very efficient.

Any reason you didn't upgrade to a more durable rim, this is on the rear yeah and on a burlier rig than the rim was originally specced for?

Wonder how long it will take to arrive?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Free replacement on a 4 year old rim, busted because I was being an arse? Recipe for how to go out of business...

Nah, these are their 70% enduro/30% XC option. And same ERD.

We'll see re: shipping:

If I wanted alloy @Ultra Lord, i'd have bought one :p

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Phenomenal service from Light Bicycles.

I simply sent their sales dept an email saying I love their rims & have just busted one after four years & need a replacement of the same type - including my serial number.

Well, Jenny got back to me, having already generated an invoice for exactly what I needed based on my order history with them (linked to the serial number).

I simply had to click "pay now" via Paypal. Ended up being $266 shipped.

Beat that!
@Zaf knows and Australian carbon team that dish up great replacement warranty.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone know if there is any carbon wheels factories in Taiwan that you can buy direct from? They manufacture everything else for bicycles, makes sense to buy from them rather than china..

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Rode it but my cassette tried to eat my derailleur again. I don't feel like buying another $70 hanger that took three weeks to get here again.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Rode it but my cassette tried to eat my derailleur again. I don't feel like buying another $70 hanger that took three weeks to get here again.
Make a straightener. Get a piece of 25 mm square tube and drill a hole through one end. put a bolt the same size as your hanger through with a decent sized washer either side and a nut on the outside of each washer. Screw the bolt into your hanger as far as the bottom nut then tighten down the top one enough to hold it square but still allowing you to rotate the bar. Now turn the bar, if your hanger is straight it will be the same distance from the bar to your rim on each side.