What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

crash3

Likes Dirt
You sure on that fork pressure, most RS recommendations are 163psi max in a fork and anything I can find looks like 115psi for 220lbs, add more for over that and at 110kg you are 240lbs.

I would drop to 115-120psi, then set the sag to 30% by adding air or subtracting.

Same with the shock, around about 200psi would be a starting point for 25-30%.
You sure on that fork pressure...
Nope

I would drop to 115-120psi, then set the sag to 30% by adding air or subtracting.

Same with the shock, around about 200psi would be a starting point for 25-30%.
Yeah definitely going to drop them. I used the Rockshox app, entered the shock serial #'s and my weight, probably selected XC as the riding style which may have been a mistake. Most of what I ride is pretty XC with a few blue trail type jumps in there. It was definitely the jumps where I had a problem.

Thanks for the pressure recommendations mate, much appreciated.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Nope

Yeah definitely going to drop them. I used the Rockshox app, entered the shock serial #'s and my weight, probably selected XC as the riding style which may have been a mistake. Most of what I ride is pretty XC with a few blue trail type jumps in there. It was definitely the jumps where I had a problem.

Thanks for the pressure recommendations mate, much appreciated.
Let the faffing/puzzling begin!

I'm around 110kgs, below was some of my settings on a 140-150mm RS Revelation. Definitely 100-110psi is the ballpark for that weight.
Screenshot_20230530_220028_com.microsoft.office.onenote.jpg

Screenshot_20230530_215957_com.microsoft.office.onenote.jpg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx This place could be your home away from your holiday home. Trails are short, but compete pretty heavily with Melrose for surface construction. Too many rocks? Here, have another serving of them!
A load of them have had work done on them by TrailScapes and Bike Melrose, hopefully primo by Fat Tyre Festival next week.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Let the faffing/puzzling begin!

I'm around 110kgs, below was some of my settings on a 140-150mm RS Revelation. Definitely 100-110psi is the ballpark for that weight.
View attachment 399994
View attachment 399995
Thanks heaps mate.
Might get to printing some tokens then.
How did you find the Debonair upgrade?

Dropped the pressures to those suggested by @ozzybmx (thanks again) for this morning's ride, very much an approvement over the jumps.
Finally hit the last of the features I've not done on that track before and punched out a few PR's according to Strava.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Regreased my pedals and cleaned the chain this morning. I'll put the new chain on this weekend.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Regreased my pedals and cleaned the chain this morning. I'll put the new chain on this weekend.
Just remember that the chain plates are marked to indicate which side faces in towards the frame and which side faces out away from the frame.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Just remember that the chain plates are marked to indicate which side faces in towards the frame and which side faces out away from the frame.
110 links for a full suspension bike right? I'll make sure I put the finest extra virgin olive oil on top of the manufacturers grease to make it last too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
110 links for a full suspension bike right? I'll make sure I put the finest extra virgin olive oil on top of the manufacturers grease to make it last too.

Olive oil is better than no oil. When I was at uni there was an MTB club. Membership ranged from the most hardcore of bike riders down to hippies that thought it would be nice. One ride a hippy had a chain that looked like garbage, just dry and crusty on a bike that looked like it was rescued from the tip. She didn't have much of a comprehension about maintenance etc and was having all sorts of problems on some trails around the Watagans. One of the more experienced members did some tweeks and so forth to ensure survival. Next ride she rocked up with a lustrous chain...well lube with olive oil! None of that harsh fossil fuel lubricant thank you. Anyway by the end of the ride it was covered in shit.

But - check your chain, no piss taking going on.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Next ride she rocked up with a lustrous chain...well lube with olive oil! None of that harsh fossil fuel lubricant thank you. Anyway by the end of the ride it was covered in shit.

But - check your chain, no piss taking going on.
Yebbut multipurpose oils are good thing. I bet you can't stir fry or cook a schnitzel in Tri Flow nor will I be testing out this idea to know any better.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yebbut multipurpose oils are good thing. I bet you can't stir fry or cook a schnitzel in Tri Flow nor will I be testing out this idea to know any better.

WD-40 works a treat.

I have, on one very emergency situation (staying at a girl's house the night before a ride and had an annoying sound from front axle that had to be prevented), used a small dab of rice bran oil on said axle (there was no other option in her inner city Sydney dwelling) after removing the moisture and funk that had displaced my grease. It worked very well and didn't need to be replaced for quite a while.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah I know, I have a 12sp chain checker - it's still in tolerance along random points of the chain.
Not stretch...one side faces in and one side faces out, asymmetrical by design...I'm sure it's just marketing bullshit at the core, but some chains are designed as such.

So Bran Oil and Baby Oil - fuck Shimano and Rock'n'Roll :p
Damn right baby oil. Not fuck Shimano, fuck local prices.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Thanks heaps mate.
Might get to printing some tokens then.
How did you find the Debonair upgrade?

Dropped the pressures to those suggested by @ozzybmx (thanks again) for this morning's ride, very much an approvement over the jumps.
Finally hit the last of the features I've not done on that track before and punched out a few PR's according to Strava.
First debonair upgrade was to the B1 seal head and was a definite improvement over the "solo air" that it replaced.

Eventually I installed the C1 debonair seal head as it played nicer with the DIY runt/chickadee/DVC that I made.