What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Took it to You Yangs on Sunday because it's dry over there & Red Hill is a mess..... Headspace is still a bit rattled after my OTB a few weeks back, so stayed on the Kurrajong side to get some distance up & find a groove again.

Had a bit of drizzle on the way over, but nothing while riding, so conditions were superb! :D

IMG_20230702_131647~2.jpg

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Rode in the absolute misery that is 5’c and rain at kinglake on the weekend.
IMG_3111.jpeg

finally got around to putting on the new brakes and swapped the stock hoses over. The goodridge hoses have been on every bike I’ve owned since 2008. Will give them a squid run over the weekend and put the maguras on the swarf.
IMG_3157.jpeg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My eeb 12spd GX cassette is absolutely farked at 1000km, was jumping 2 rides ago, then jumping on every effort on the last ride.

Still waiting on the proprietary Ibis HG to fit my 11spd XT Linkglide. Might already be here in Melrose and I'll pick it up next week.

Was looking at other options like fitting a 27.5 wheel from another bike and decided to fit a used 11spd GX XD to the Ibis wheel and then transfer the Linkglide shifter, derailleur and chain over temporarily till I got the HG driver.

Fitted the 11spd cassette and just out of curiosity, ran the standard 12spd XT gears, with 12spd chain up and down through the range o_O

WTF... it selected every gear like a glove, up and down... apart from the 12th cog, as it doesn't have one. Adjusted the limit screw in to stop it dropping into the spokes and took it for a blockie. No jumps, no shifting issues.

XT12 shifter and derailleur, SRAM 12spd chain and SRAM 11spd cassette. Am I the only one who didn't know this ?

Will maybe swap the part worn SRAM chain for the new XX1 chain and take it for another longer ride tomorrow night.

PXL_20230705_112112690.jpg

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Swapped out the 34t on the Prime to an oval 32t. I was getting up the climbs on the 34 but it wasn't comfortable and i had no 'escape' gear. Hopefully can test it tomorrow

Added some frame protection to the Paradox and swapped out the 35mm stem for a 50mm. Quick test ride and this seems to be the go. Both Banshee's are now 50mm.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Swapped out the 34t on the Prime to an oval 32t. I was getting up the climbs on the 34 but it wasn't comfortable and i had no 'escape' gear. Hopefully can test it tomorrow
I'm happy with my oval, I went from 32T round to 32T oval but you've gone another step down so I suspect the effects will be far more noticeable!

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My eeb 12spd GX cassette is absolutely farked at 1000km, was jumping 2 rides ago, then jumping on every effort on the last ride.

Still waiting on the proprietary Ibis HG to fit my 11spd XT Linkglide. Might already be here in Melrose and I'll pick it up next week.

Was looking at other options like fitting a 27.5 wheel from another bike and decided to fit a used 11spd GX XD to the Ibis wheel and then transfer the Linkglide shifter, derailleur and chain over temporarily till I got the HG driver.

Fitted the 11spd cassette and just out of curiosity, ran the standard 12spd XT gears, with 12spd chain up and down through the range o_O

WTF... it selected every gear like a glove, up and down... apart from the 12th cog, as it doesn't have one. Adjusted the limit screw in to stop it dropping into the spokes and took it for a blockie. No jumps, no shifting issues.

XT12 shifter and derailleur, SRAM 12spd chain and SRAM 11spd cassette. Am I the only one who didn't know this ?

Will maybe swap the part worn SRAM chain for the new XX1 chain and take it for another longer ride tomorrow night.

View attachment 400950
There is a Youtube channel out of Toronto called LoveMBT. This guy often mixes and matches Sram and Shimano parts and speeds to great effect. Most of this stuff will work together despite the finger wagging by the various marketing departments. ( I think he likes sticking it up marketers) I run mostly Shimano drive trains but use XO1 chains. Hand in glove, as you say.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

View attachment 400950
I'm guessing you've done the usual checks of hanger alignment, derailleur bent check etc because that cassette doesn't look that bad?

ozzybmx

I'm guessing you've done the usual checks of hanger alignment, derailleur bent check etc because that cassette doesn't look that bad?
Thats a pic of the 11spd GX fitted, the 12spd GX I took off looks fekked on cogs 3-7, got a flat edge on the drive side of the teeth and the chain moves freely back and forward.

11-42, tiny compared to the 220mm rotor which looks the same size of bigger than the 52t 12spd that came off. I never used the 52t anyway and rarely even 42t.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Thats a pic of the 11spd GX fitted, the 12spd GX I took off looks fekked on cogs 3-7, got a flat edge on the drive side of the teeth and the chain moves freely back and forward.

11-42, tiny compared to the 220mm rotor which looks the same size of bigger than the 52t 12spd that came off. I never used the 52t anyway and rarely even 42t.
Seems my super focusing with a squint isn’t cutting the mustard any longer…. I’m going to have to carry a set of reading glasses :(

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Me too, 51 this year and have done well up until now without specs, feeling I'm going to need them very soon.
I use a cheap pair of servo reading glasses (0.25 or 0.5?) and they make text a little sharper and nicer to read. I might need proper glasses by the time I'm 50 though!

ozzybmx

I use a cheap pair of servo reading glasses (0.25 or 0.5?) and they make text a little sharper and nicer to read. I might need proper glasses by the time I'm 50 though!
My work supplies us with 1 pair of reading-safety a year up to $600. Can get transition lenses in there too easily.

My vision was a bit funny after my second bout of corona, they said go and get some glasses ya blind chunt. Never used them but I'm thinking about cracking them out lately.

Super magnification for tweaking derailleurs is nice.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I'm holding out on specs too... Near enough to 47 I'm finding a few situations where I need to shut one eye, cross the other and get exactly the right light angle to see what I'm trying to read, but I can do it. I'm ahead of my dad on this front, I'm older than he was when he succumbed to specs! :D