What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 401915

Did a ride. Took a photo. Conditions were great today, way better than the recent weather foreshadowed anyway. Excellent day out.

Coincidentally you e bike lads are getting a bit keen. Me (pointing a ebike during random trail side chat / bullshit) "what's that like?" Ebiker chorus: Dude seriously it's the best, you have to get one. You have to. You get so much more riding in and the mass helps you and you can do so much more and the motor isn't intrusive and it's so much better than normal mtb in every way YOU HAVE TO JOIN US BECOME ONE OF US

Maybe I'm looking a bit fat at the moment or something.
You din't hear anyone say "game changer" of "no brainer"? Nnot to forget " you get just as much exercise".

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Farkin good day on the bike with some mates, bit of digging, bit of riding, and had hugey OTB by me when I ripped a rock (edit: soccer ball sized boulder) out of the ground with @beebs crankarm, coming out of a corner, (sorry mate it's bent now) which by all accounts I was lucky to walk away from unscathed...
Oh and old mate hit this gap, was going so fast the camera couldn't focus...@frenchy for scale in the back ground.
PXL_20230820_035359109_exported_3032.jpg

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Made the most of a sunny day and visiting the in-laws by leaving the kids with them whilst Mr Canary and I went for a gravelburn.
1000009074.jpg

I'll atone for my sins during the week by going for my weekly night MTB ride. I skipped the night ride last week as I was given shore leave to smash out a lunchtime ride instead.
1000009075.jpg

The Spitty gets another go for now.
Resplendent in @wkkie green.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Managed a ride on Saturday before my mate flew in from Adelaide on his way back to the UK, after which I spent 5 days pickling my liver.
A touch over 13km with 340m elevation and 40% battery left after I used some turbo to burn back to the car when I knew I was home and dry, so happy with that.

Yesterday I took my mate to Rottnest Island for the day and we hired bikes to ride around. 29km on a shitty ecommuter leaves me pondering about picking one up to ride to work and leaving the car at home.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Managed a ride on Saturday before my mate flew in from Adelaide on his way back to the UK, after which I spent 5 days pickling my liver.
A touch over 13km with 340m elevation and 40% battery left after I used some turbo to burn back to the car when I knew I was home and dry, so happy with that.

Yesterday I took my mate to Rottnest Island for the day and we hired bikes to ride around. 29km on a shitty e-commuter leaves me pondering about picking one up to ride to work and leaving the car at home.
Do it!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
First time back riding with the Thursday night crew at Kalamunda since early October last year. Can’t believe it’s been that long :oops:

23.2km and 464m vert from 3 runs up Gunjin.

IMG_9444-compressed.jpeg

Weirdly, the best I’ve ever climbed out there. Was dropping the back markers and cleaned all 3 climbs which never happens. Set a bunch of PB’s on climbs too (as well as the final descent).

Feel like shit this morning, but I’ll get over it.

Jabubu

Cleaned up my bike after the race and noticed the back tyre had deflated again. Apparently I'd ridden the last 5km with a half inflated tyre :eek:

Anyhoo, a quick dunk in a bucket of water has revealed micro bubbles leaking from the sidewall..

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Cleaned up my bike after the race and noticed the back tyre had deflated again. Apparently I'd ridden the last 5km with a half inflated tyre :eek:

Anyhoo, a quick dunk in a bucket of water has revealed micro bubbles leaking from the sidewall..
WTB lyf, lol. Though I thought they sorted this out a year or two back... I haven't had any issues with my current ones luckily but had a set of gravel tyres that were hopeless for it. Weirdly they're normally fine while riding, it seems to be when they sit around they purge air.

Jabubu

WTB lyf, lol. Though I thought they sorted this out a year or two back... I haven't had any issues with my current ones luckily but had a set of gravel tyres that were hopeless for it. Weirdly they're normally fine while riding, it seems to be when they sit around they purge air.
Well the Monkey's Sauce got it's first outing and so far the rear tyre is holding up! Let's see how we're doing in the morning.