What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Took the wifes Eeeb in to see if they could fix the issue with the head unit intermittently not turning on the bike, decided I didn't need to adjust the seat to ride it the 12km to the shop...... I though you people said the bloody things ride themselves, legs were burning by the time I got there!!

Also the brakes she's been complaining about and I'd been fobbing off as "she'll be right I'll deal with it later" are a bit of a problem, got them to adjust them but will be switching to some 4 pot SLX ASAP as I can't be arse dealing with SRAM's - so look out for some used whatever the fuck they are SRAM's on the for sale page soon :D

Turns out the intermittent issue with the bosch head unit was that the battery case had been poorly installed and some tabs had broken off causing the batter to sit loose.

Thank goodness my first ride on an eeeb wasn't smooth sailing, I hate to have to buy myself one

(yet)

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
some custom lowered fox32's which are equally as scary as the size of the bike,

$400 for some fox36's... Probably even cheaper when you part the rest out and sell it to @pink poodle after he falls out of love with his new big wheel bike and get all 26" warm and fuzzy again

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
We shall see if this stops me from dying on climbs. I expect I'll be a full blown xc convert by end of financial year! Which reminds me...I've still got to work out some tax returns. Oooooops.

You see I love sandstone. I was going to use an ibis wall mural on Redfern area, but it was really fucking hot and I couldn't remember exactly where I found it. Plus I wanted to show the bike to some of its name sakes around the city and some fine sites. Sadly it was too windy to ride The Bridge.

And a negroni.

View attachment 405339
hard to go wrong with a negroni...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

$400 for some fox36's... Probably even cheaper when you part the rest out and sell it to @pink poodle after he falls out of love with his new big wheel bike and get all 26" warm and fuzzy again
They're the same era 36s I had on my DJ, worked pretty well, certainly preferred them to the overcooked spaghetti 32mm 9qr axle forks I had previously.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Hey! I have plenty of 26 in the "warehouse ".

hard to go wrong with a negroni...

For such a simple and delicious cocktail, you'd be amazed that it is somehow fucked up more often than not!

cammas

Seamstress
I actually rode mine fore the first time in 8 weeks, felt okay tagged along with my mate who had already done 60 clicks when I joined him and when I left he still had another 90 minutes of riding to go. I was just happy to get my 20 done not the most exciting 20, but it’s still better than nothing and it’s always a good day when you ride a bike.

1702702775392.png

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Drove 45 minutes to Kalamunda, took my bike off the rack to realise the battery is completely flat. Was riding with other eebers so no chance of keeping up and I have neither the fitness or strength to ride it unpowered or hit the shuttle so drove home and have been in a shit mood since given this was the only time I’ve done anything for me for a month.
Looks like the charger is done, so off to Trek on Monday. Borrowing one to ride tomorrow with any luck.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
did saddle shuffle between bikes.. (surely the new Volt is better than the old Volt :p )

Figured out the "free stroke mod" for SLX brake master doesn't work for the M7100.. (M7000 was M3x10 screw for XT)
The M4x10mm pignose screws they come with already set them to minimum free stroke... maybe the piston is shorter so that the mod no longer works?
annoying as front brake has maybe 7mm more free sroke than the rear... my poor OCD... (don't want to increase the rear)

(should note, you could make the free stroke worse if you really wanted to buy screwing out a little.. :D )

Last edited: