What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Had my last ride on the Process today, and Sue did too on her Stumpy.

Both got nicked in the Melbourne CBD, while having some lunch with our extended family.

Phark, what a PITA.

As much as I loved the 153, and I did, I'm sure I 'll move on, but I feel real bad for Sue. She'd struggled through quite a few bikes, to find one that she was 100% comfortable with. She found her beloved bike, by riding an identical one in Bali on a volcano to ocean ride, and really loved it, and I magically happened across a matching frame with some bits and bobs. I used that and added the rest, and built her up a bike, and she rode the crap out of it... alas, it's now gone.

Anyway, no-one died, so small potatoes, really... but now I need to get her something that she's comfy with.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

Both got nicked in the Melbourne CBD, while having some lunch with our extended family.

Phark, what a PITA.

As much as I loved the 153, and I did, I'm sure I 'll move on, but I feel real bad for Sue. She'd struggled through quite a few bikes, to find one that she was 100% comfortable with. She found her beloved bike, by riding an identical one in Bali on a volcano to ocean ride, and really loved it, and I magically happened across a matching frame with some bits and bobs. I used that and added the rest, and built her up a bike, and she rode the crap out of it... alas, it's now gone.

Anyway, no-one died, so small potatoes, really... but now I need to get her something that she's comfy with.
That really sucks mate.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Phark, what a PITA.

People really are the shit oozing out the drain holes of a dumpsterfire. My heart bleeds for you and Sue.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Phark, what a PITA.

Oh sheeet. That sucks. Any insurance on the bikes? I guess chances of any recovery are nix. Hope you find suitable replacements.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Melbourne people really are the shit oozing out the drain holes of a dumpsterfire. My heart bleeds for you and Sue.
Fixed.

It's a good thing everyone is on sale at the moment and is overstocked.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Jabubu

let you google that for me
My daughter's pedal came loose and fell off on a ride. I went to get it back in and the pedal slides straight in and out of the crank arm. Looks like this might have been a problem for a while and it's sheared all the crank threads away!

Posted on Wanted to Buy :)

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Struggled through 22km this morning.
Was supposed to go yesterday but sick wife and son put paid to that.
Got out this morning but felt awful all the way round, started out thinking it was too much dinner last night followed by a crap nights sleep but it’s feeling like more than that.
Shame as the trails were running pretty well for the most part, although I was probably slower round than usual.
Still, out for a ride is out for a ride.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Utilised a free shuttle pass today to ride with my brother and nephew (who's birthday it was today) and did some "sick as bro DH" with all the enduro bros at the YYs.

Tested out a new brake combo with Zrace levers (trickstuff looking copy) and the existing Tektro 4 piston calipers on my bike. Definitely a satisfactory improvement over the standard Tektro levers, more bite and less finger fatigue on the steeper tracks.

Nephew had a blast on his new bike (new to him Norco Fluid FS).

None of us binned it bad thankfully. Though one poor soul was not so lucky on "Bandages" and got a whirly-bird ride out of there :confused: Fingers-crossed they are OK.

OBP...
Compress_20240421_150327_7641.jpg

EDIT: Incidentally (and I only thought about this after I was driving home), but I think I was possibly maybe chatting to @Plankosaurus in the shuttle line haha.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Bloody spectacular day for being dropped at the top up on Mount Wellington and fanging back home on the Orange. Said some encouraging words of appreciation to the trail crew, and generally had a tip top ride. Even managed to push it harder and faster than I’ve done for far too long. A most excellent afternoon.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Nice local ride today on our old bikes, ha ha.

Zero knarly stuff so all good, though Sue's not keen at all on getting back on what is essentially an XC bike as far as she is concerned. She hates being 'over the front' (her words) and I'm with her.

Any insurance on the bikes?
Yes, I believe so... apparently Contents Accidental Loss Or Damage - covers contents away from home up to $15K... we'll see how that goes tomorrow ha ha.

Regardless, 2 x NBD soon.

Still, it was nice to get out.

Back on the oldies.jpeg

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Same type of day up north. Was a bit chilly before the sun cracked the horizon, but it turned in to a glorious day.

First Round of the Winter Series. First go at using the timing system. 6km time trial and a 10km time trial. First time losing a 6yo kid on track. He wasn't lost, but we had lost him. When we found him he was having a grand old time. He'd missed his turn off 1km into the park and ended up riding 7km of the 10km loop. Dad was a bit panicked, understandably, but I managed to convince him to not call the cops and Little Bloke was found not long after that.

For me though, I was good to notice that my training has made a difference coming into the 24 next weekend.

Even more importantly, my rear wheel didn't explode in a shower of loose spokes!