What do downhillers do for a living?

Regan

Eats Squid
I'm a carpenter, work four 10hr days and get Fridays off so I work at a bike shop as a mechanic as well... Have all weekend to ride! :)

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2nd year Industrial Electricial apprentice! Kick ass job, barely work weekends which ties in well with riding and racing.

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
Apprentice electrician.

I took a significant pay cut when taking this new job, but having nights off and weekends to ride have really made me so much more damn happy. And also because I'm learning things I can actually apply in my house. Love it.

To the younguns mentioned earlier re: Mum and Dad paying. You may have paid for the bike, but who pays the bills, for the food, for the clothes, for the roof over your head etc. Sure makes affording stuff easier.
Good on you for getting into the workforce and doing shit for yourselves, real big ups there. Also well done on setting and achieving the goal of getting your bike. Don't be afraid to try a few different jobs in different fields while you are young to find waht you like. Don't do what I did and get stuck doing something you hate for 14 years.

barron

Likes Dirt
manager of an acute mental health team.
If only I could work out how to use DH in therapy i'ld be famous, gotta be a thousand times better than any antidepressant.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Neurophysiologist - focusing on neurological side of strength and conditioning with a rehab focus, whilst doing a PhD.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Contract video producer, part time university lecturer (film and video) and am awaiting the results of a PhD.

J

JaRedy

Im a student... studying Urban Planning, minoring in marketing (minoring in marketing was a bad decision, its BS). Used to work in a restaurant, actually had to take a week off here and there after big crashes (A bleeding waiter doesnt look good)...since quit!

Haha, someone who understands the pressures and frustrations!
Pretty sure Arete lectures and has a Phd in biology or something like that.