What do your kids ride?

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picked up 2 of these - https://www.bike-components.de/en/R...Off-Set-27-5-Federgabel-Auslaufmodell-p35640/

209,24€ so $305AU each + a few other cheap components to make up the postage.

Just need the groupset and brakes now, nearly settled on SLX 11spd, just need some time to look around at who has the best deal - https://www.bike-components.de/en/Shimano/SLX-M7000-Gruppe-1x11-32-Modell-2017-p50738/
Think starbike had the best deal on slx 11 speed when I was looking.

Can't wait to see the final results....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My mate had a set of brand new 785 XT's at a good price, the other bike will have M7000 SLX, both with SLX groupsets (ordered), headsets from CRC. Bikes complete, just need to wait for the shit to rock up now.

Cheers to all for the help, pics and info will follow when they are built.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Here's the excel, been running 2 different ones between here and work so not 100%, few parts will be out, but nearly ballpark, hoping sub 11kg'ish.

Attachments

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Selling my kids Hotrock Boys 24" XC $150
I can do a forsale thread if required or send pics.

EDIT. I didn't know these were popular. Put an add on FB and sold it straight away before I even logged off.

Sorry.

Last edited:

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very similar. Most of the components are the same...but, and I cant quite believe i'm saying this about a kids bike, the geometry of the Polygon is better. As long as the build quality is ok it looks like a good choice.
They look pretty similar in spec and frame. The pic of the giant has at least three knuckles of spacers under the stem, the polygon only one knuckle. The giant has an oversized headtube (possibly giant od or tapered)/the polygon looks narrower old school, but aside from that both are long (stable) as a result of crap rear ends that are built with a kickstand bracket behind the bb and v brakes bracket near the top of the seatstays - both of which push the rear wheel a fist full of knuckles out and make them impossible to manual. That's the one stinging rebuke from my daughter of her 24" giant xtc sl - "this is crap... it hurts to pop a mono!"

Hools

Likes Dirt
So they have v brake brackets as well as disk mounts? But all in all she's happy with the giant?

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, here is the giant xtc frame rear setup. Overall very happy, except for the limits of the long rear end.

Attachments

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks pretty cool!

You'd be surprised how well those tyres likely grip, I have a some schwalbe big apples on a rigid kona big kahuna that have a similar pattern to them, but they're wide enough to hook up on gravel and all hardpack surfaces.