What do your kids ride?

Hools

Likes Dirt
That looks pretty cool!

You'd be surprised how well those tyres likely grip, I have a some schwalbe big apples on a rigid kona big kahuna that have a similar pattern to them, but they're wide enough to hook up on gravel and all hardpack surfaces.
Yeah. It looks pretty good to me. I like the rigid fork for simplicity and it should be a bit lighter as well. I don't think I'll be able to see one in the flesh unfortunately. I'll be taking a gamble and buying online.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Done... and 2 happy boys !

Had a big mess around with the same package being lost TWICE ! Then bike-components said they would redirect the lost package back to them and refund the money. So I ordered another 2 forks, BB and chains from Bike24... of course, the Bike-Components package then was found by Dick Head Logistics (DHL) and disregarded BC's request to return the package to them, so now I have a BIKE24 package arriving probably Monday with 2 more forks, BB's, Chains, tubes, valves, cables ect... another doubled up 650 euro order.

Bikes ended up 11.20kg and 11.18kg, set up tubeless and identical apart from one has M7000 SLX brakes and the other has M785 XT as a mate had a set he didnt need and we did each other a favour.

27.5 On-One frame
Rockshox 30 Gold TK 27.5 forks
Vittoria Creed 27.5 wheels
SLX 1 x 11 groupset
SLX/XT Brakes
Maxxis Aspen TR EXO Tyres
Selle Italia saddles
PRO components bars and seatpost
On-One Stem & Grips

Price only blew out a little bit $$$

Last edited:

Snapcatcher

Likes Bikes
Anyone know of any 20 inch bikes with disc brakes, other than the Kona Shred20 ?

I'm thinking of getting a new bike for my 6 y/o for xmas. He was going to inherit my older son's Nitro 20 inch bike as he's getting a new bike, but I'm thinking just surprise him with a brand new bike instead of a hand-me-down.

Thing is, he is currently obsessed with disc brakes, as his brothers new bike has discs, mine has discs ect. I feel for him to be really stoked on a new bike it really needs to have discs. You know what kids are like.

The Kona shred20 is $800 which I cant afford to spend. I could prob max budget about $550.

There are a few more options with discs in 24" size but he's def not big enough yet and needs a 20".

moorey

call me Mia
Anyone know of any 20 inch bikes with disc brakes, other than the Kona Shred20 ?

I'm thinking of getting a new bike for my 6 y/o for xmas. He was going to inherit my older son's Nitro 20 inch bike as he's getting a new bike, but I'm thinking just surprise him with a brand new bike instead of a hand-me-down.

Thing is, he is currently obsessed with disc brakes, as his brothers new bike has discs, mine has discs ect. I feel for him to be really stoked on a new bike it really needs to have discs. You know what kids are like.

The Kona shred20 is $800 which I cant afford to spend. I could prob max budget about $550.

There are a few more options with discs in 24" size but he's def not big enough yet and needs a 20".
Progear...don't know much about weight and quality though.
http://www.pushys.com.au/progear-ch...df2IRqMdur-gxH4N-9rf3HOt2YowVMvASiRoClFTw_wcB

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I don't have kids but when/if I do, I'm already looking forward to making a kick ass BMX for them. I rode BMX for about 20 years but now I'm too big and old for it, I could spend all day putting them together and tearing them down and be happy doing it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Snapcatcher

Likes Bikes
Sorry if this is a stupid question.....

Is there any difference between MTB jerseys and MX jerseys ?

Apart from styling, do they use the same materials or are moto jerseys a heavier fabric ?

Looking to buy my boys jerseys and there are more options in the sizes I need in mx styles.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cant answer your question on material difference, but my 2 have the Fox Ranger LS jerseys and they are thin material.

peter_mcc

Cannon Fodder
I've been looking around for bigger bikes for our two boys (8/10 but both on the short size). I bought a second hand Specialized Riprock Comp 24 about 6 months ago and have been hiding it in a storeroom at work. But despite looking for the past 6 months on eBay, Gumtree & BikeExchange I haven't found anything else interesting.

Where do people sell their second hand kids bikes? I know reasonable quality ones aren't that common but surely there must be some around!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I've been looking around for bigger bikes for our two boys (8/10 but both on the short size). I bought a second hand Specialized Riprock Comp 24 about 6 months ago and have been hiding it in a storeroom at work. But despite looking for the past 6 months on eBay, Gumtree & BikeExchange I haven't found anything else interesting.

Where do people sell their second hand kids bikes? I know reasonable quality ones aren't that common but surely there must be some around!
Simple answer is, they don't. At least not until they've been smashed by 3 or 4 rounds of hand-me-down.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

Should just buy bits and build a bike. Well specced 24's are like rocking horse shit.

I'm building a small 26 for my 8yo daughter for Christmas. All stuff accumulated over the past two or three months.

Last edited:

peter_mcc

Cannon Fodder
Should just buy bits and build a bike. Well specced 24's are like rocking horse shit.
Sounds like a good idea. I've been looking around tonight - any hints on where to get a frame? I can find the other bits but lots of searching hasn't turned up any 24" frames anywhere!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Sounds like a good idea. I've been looking around tonight - any hints on where to get a frame? I can find the other bits but lots of searching hasn't turned up any 24" frames anywhere!

Doubt you'll find one. A small or XS frame will do the trick. You will have trouble finding 24" wheels with disc hubs as well. Why not put the 8yo on the Riprock and the 10yo onto 26" wheels?