rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Change of mind, and here's my working.

Original Matrix

rearranged

So next in sequence should be 752

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
You can't rearrange them though - the position they hold is what helps you work it out.

The numbers are just categories here, could substitute for fruits & write it as:

Apple Orange Banana
Orange Apple Pear
Mandarin Banana Apple

And your answer would be Apple, Banana, Pear.

As poodle quoted, "Go banana!".

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have no idea what this is about. I must have missed that day at school.
Ok, there are three 7s so that is 21. Then there are two 5s so that makes 10. Two 1s are 2 and a 3 and a 4. Add all of this together and you get 40. Take away the number you first thought of and add 6. 6 because it comes between 5 and 7. This gives you a headache. Then take two rums and a Thai hot red curry duck. Check your neighbours rego plate while preparing two more rums. Add 6 again because.

Then start looking at which numbers arent in the solution and discard these.

Then add another rum and ring SBS to complain about Donald Duck.

Finished.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
At least this DSG box lasted 50% longer than the last one:

#improving

Still love this little car though...
Gah - car's been at the dealer for a few days now. They submitted a goodwill request with VW HQ but there's a backlog (surprise surprise) and we didn't hear anything today.

Oh well - I'm now travelling in a 2012 Kia Rio...living the dream.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
Gah - car's been at the dealer for a few days now. They submitted a goodwill request with VW HQ but there's a backlog (surprise surprise) and we didn't hear anything today.

Oh well - I'm now travelling in a 2012 Kia Rio...living the dream.
Recently picked up a new 2018 Golf R with 7sp DSG... damn it's quick.
Hope they've ironed out some of the DSG issues I'm hearing about.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Recently picked up a new 2018 Golf R with 7sp DSG... damn it's quick.
Hope they've ironed out some of the DSG issues I'm hearing about.
A mate has just bought a turboed R32. Lots of work done to the engine and running 20psi boost. That is quick, maybe the second or third quickest car I have been in. May be even a 9 second car with some tweaking. Certainly low 10s. Not my cup of tea but he loves it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
@Dales Cannon - so is it 7 1 4?
Feeling worried for my underused maths brain.
Yep

So assume the 7 in the first box is correct then it is either the 5 or the 1 are in the wrong place.

On the second line the 7 is the number in the wrong place so either the 5 or the 4 is the correct place. Can't be the 5 because that is where we are assuming the 7 is. So it is the 4.

Third line the 7 again is the one in the wrong place so either the 1 or the 3 is in the right place. Can't be the 3 so it is the 1.

Hence 714

Run the exercise with every other combination and only this one works.