What does your day look like?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I don't think that it's a difficult question if you have a brain wired for logic problems and the patience to stick with it, I could see how it would be infuriating if your smart phone keeps pinging message notifications while you're trying to figure it out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I really have understanding of what is going on from the original or any other explanation. To me it just looks like a group of odd numbers.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Poodle think of it like this. The 7 is a short black, the 5 a soy latte, the 1 a flat white, the 4 is a long black and the 3 is a decaf espresso.

You can immediately dismiss the soy and decaf because no one will drink them.

Then just get the drinks in order, short black, flat white then long black. Easy.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
But why is that the order?
Picture it like this, you're really hung over and you go to a table of three to take their order, because of your impairment it takes you three goes to get the order and even then your pretty sure you fucked it up. On your docket pad you've got the following written and you know that on each try you got one order correct and for the right customer, another one correct but for the wrong customer and one order completely wrong. As it would be embarrassing to go and ask again you just decide that you've got this...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
As per dales original post, it’s a seeding question surely, those that answer it correctly will get a mark next to their name and pushed for higher level maths.
Teachers gotta know who the extra smart cookies are.

Or who have intermalectual family members hahaha

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't need to be hung over to screw that process up...and there is a strong likelihood of customers having all three of those physical characteristics. I really don't understand. It sounds like a completely random guess. I don't get much more complicated than what was year 9 maths, which I assume is now primary school. When do kids learn about Pythagoras and apples+oranges=no?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Untitled.png

Assuming that you got the Ranga's order right first go then the Flat White must be for Beardy and the Soy Latte is wrong.
Check this on the second try...
Soy Latte is wrong, short black is right but for the Ranga and the Long Black is in the right spot for Specs
Check on the third line...
Decaf is wrong, flat white is in the right spot and the short black is for the Ranga

So the answer is Ranga=Short Black [7], Beardy=Flat White[1] and Specs=Long Black[4]

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I don't need to be hung over to screw that process up...and there is a strong likelihood of customers having all three of those physical characteristics. I really don't understand. It sounds like a completely random guess. I don't get much more complicated than what was year 9 maths, which I assume is now primary school. When do kids learn about Pythagoras and apples+oranges=no?
It is a guess, you need to make an assumption first and then test that the rest fit in with your assumption, if your first guess isn't correct then you go back and make a different guess and then retest the new theory. From what Dales is saying this is being taught in Year 6 or 7.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I spent a lot of time outside the classroom in year 6, and maybe a few other grades as well. This whole thing makes no sense to me and may as well be a case of "I guess 7 11 937271633".

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You have to start somewhere as there is a 7 in each row it is a fair bet that there will be a 7 in the answer somewhere.