What does your day look like?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Just had an aeropress coffee too :oops:

Chemex is at home, I only just got it as a present - but its a longer process than the aeropress (work setup) - and might be weird if I started bringing in the gooseneck kettle to work as well...

Think I'm suitably caffeinated now - had two beers last night and am feeling it today..

Binaural

Eats Squid
Work has a great perk where all my coffee is free from the cafe near work, so I haven't had to make coffee at work for ages. Not sure I'd have the patience to prepare pour-over coffee on a working day, but I have been thinking of brewing a big batch of cold brew now that the warmer weather is coming.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You better have a killer beard and a seafaring tattoo somewhere on your body?

- There's a coffee bar at the top of a ski field in Hakuba that does all their coffee with an aeropress. It's kind of funny as they have incorporated a bunch of Australian espresso influence but wing it all with the aeropress and a microwave.

- There's a wood fire sourdough bakery + coffee roaster in Hakuba that only does chemex/pour over...with their little goose neck kettle collection. Not having the time/equipment myself to experiment, how important do you really think the goose neck kettle is? Are you using paper or cotton filters?

Making coffee all day with an off sides who doesn't even drink coffee...how do you know if it is good or not??? Fuck me.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
You better have a killer beard and a seafaring tattoo somewhere on your body?

- There's a coffee bar at the top of a ski field in Hakuba that does all their coffee with an aeropress. It's kind of funny as they have incorporated a bunch of Australian espresso influence but wing it all with the aeropress and a microwave.

- There's a wood fire sourdough bakery + coffee roaster in Hakuba that only does chemex/pour over...with their little goose neck kettle collection. Not having the time/equipment myself to experiment, how important do you really think the goose neck kettle is? Are you using paper or cotton filters?

Making coffee all day with an off sides who doesn't even drink coffee...how do you know if it is good or not??? Fuck me.
Beard, kinda (posted my jourrney to short and neat in the shaving thread); tattoos: not seafaring, but I've got a couple. I did spend a good few years in Brunswick, I didn't escape unscathed!

I've only just started with the chemex - you definitely need a kettle that allows you to control the rate of how much water, and where it goes to get it right - especially the bloom. It would still be possible with normal kettles, just want a decent spout instead of the little beaky ones. Currently got paper filters, but will try more as I progress. I've got a stainless filter for the aeropress which works well, think they are available for chemex too.. but different flavours as they don't trap as much I think.

p.s. I stole the photo from the web somewhere -

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@steve jobs' pancreas have you considered a bit of cold brew on the run? There's plenty of easy ways to make it that don't involve much more than a vessel in which to hold water and coffee, then a way to filter/strain it off. If you want hot coffee I prefer French press to aeropress. I find it delivers a richer and more complex flavour, mostly down to balancing your infusion time.

@droenn... You broke my heart with the truth about that photo. The argument around which filter to use is mostly to do with oils. Paper filters tend to extract a lot of oil, apparently cotton or similar don't? I'm not sure about how much is real or imagined. Metal, if fine enough, should be sending through the oily goodness. You seem the film death in Brunswick?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
@pink poodle I dont think I have actually, definitely seen Dogs in Space though. Sorry about the photo, just didn't have the time to do an instagram worthy session this morning!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@pink poodle I dont think I have actually, definitely seen Dogs in Space though. Sorry about the photo, just didn't have the time to do an instagram worthy session this morning!
You need to prioritise your morning man. I refuse to sign on at work until I've followed the instagram rule of 3 and posted 3 amazing specimens of latte art. Do you know how hard it is to pour a perfect Rosetta with a long black??????

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Don’t let that happen again. We have high posting standards here mate, and would appreciate it if you could adhere to them

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
There has been abit of a arse drought recently now you mention it.........

I wonder if mooreys okay. He’s been slipping up on the *thiers too recently

@Beaker74 I only drink pleb style stove top coffee at home so all good on the non-espresso variety when on the road

@pink poodle I'm assuming cold pressed coffee is cold (and pressed ?), prefer hot coffee in the morning when camping. Cold pressed sounds like a good option if you don't want to muck with boiling water and stuff.

@Binaural I looked at the nanopresso but $$$s