What does your day look like?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
So basically same same but different name.

72 boards at 5400mmish? = approx 3.1kg/m ooommpph, you'll sleep well tonight.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Removed an old window rattler air conditioner. A special needs individual had installed its support frame with huge slotted screws they then had to be bashed with a hammer for the actual ac unit to slide in. Plus some nails into hard wood framing that Homer Simpson would have been proud of.

Yes, I dropped the unit getting it out, sucker must be 60kg

Plaster is now up. Fuck I hate plastering.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Installed some blocking for the picture frame pattern:

Will finish the paint later.

Also needs a little more blocking in the other orientation but I’ll do that after the boards are down.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
A few selected shots from the Leyburn sprints. Celebrating 70 years since the 1949 Australian Grand Prix that was held at Leyburn.

This car I have mentioned previously but it the first time I have seen it race. Ex Jimmy McRae (Colin and Alastair's father) car. Was burnt out in the UK and then made its way here for rebuilding. Was further damaged and again rebuilt. I saw this car when the engine had been refitted.

GT40 replica.

1933 MG K3.

1939 MGB TB.

Repco Holden special. This car raced at the original Pittsworth sprints and has pretty much attended sprints ever year since around the downs.

Thisis a 1963 Mk II Sprite which I am fairly sure is sitting on MX-5 running gear.

And if you don't think these older cars get driven hard. This is a 1933 Aston Martin Le Mans long body. It clipped the last hay bale in the chicane which posted it sideways. Owner pulled the guard off the wheel and kept driving.

And the very rare 1980 Audi Quattro series I. NOT.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
And a lesson in parking a 1967 Ford Cortina Mk II.

Driver ok. School is getting a new section of fence!

Last edited: