What does your day look like?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
A few selected shots from the Leyburn sprints. Celebrating 70 years since the 1949 Australian Grand Prix that was held at Leyburn.

This car I have mentioned previously but it the first time I have seen it race. Ex Jimmy McRae (Colin and Alastair's father) car. Was burnt out in the UK and then made its way here for rebuilding. Was further damaged and again rebuilt. I saw this car when the engine had been refitted.

Forgive my ignorance, but what car is that under the war paint?

Also, 6 cylinder in the Repco?

stirk

Burner
The ladies of the house are away so son and I spent more time than normal at Wyld MTB park then off to see a Queen cover band concert down the Riff with my son and one of his mates was quiet good, not a huge queen fan but was proper rock and roll live. I was most amused by this dad and teenage son having a little nap from the interval, they didn't stir until the loud encore!

A good Saturday.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
After reports of @stirk and son at Wylde. I headed down there in hot pursuit albeit a day late. It was going to be a tough task but I was up for it.

With reports of crapulent weather moving in this week, I had to have a quick binge since it might not be on later.

Busy as usual at Wylde. My maxle started to creak like an old rocking chair and was coming a bit loose. Done a quick clean with a dash of Pedro's and see if it is silent next ride. Fine dust works it's way into everything.
DSC_2421.jpg

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Fun!

With coilovers and -3.6 deg and -3.4 deg camber front to rear. First couple of runs were through wet bits of track so a little interesting. Managed to hit the rev limiter in 2nd just before the skid pan so with the tyres and gearing a peak of 100kph.

My mate did ok with my camera since he has never held a bazooka before!

Doesn't lift off oversteer as much, doesn't cock a wheel as easily and it threw an engine light early on for an O2 sensor so we lost the tune. Still some tweaking to go. Tyre pressures were too high and I handed over the drive after we dropped them (lots). Finished mid pack so pretty happy not that I really care.

Edit: best part was four 12-14 year olds having a go. Great to see.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks good though! No railing?

Fathers day morning tea thing, lots of wrestling the kids, not mine the other people's kids... Those streamers that come out of party poppers don't taste very good! Too wet for afternoon on trails so decided to hit a train to Sydney...and then the train had a significant delay due to a medical problem on the train (certainly not a good thing) and who doesn't love a sunset rode over the harbour bridge? Now to find some dinner.

Attachments

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Got it done this weekend, even had a ride this morning!

Two mate carpenters (paid) yesterday, finished off the rest today.

Fuck I’m buggered. I never ever want to be a deck installer.
Best quality old growth timber from Indonesia?