What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
yep, try and wash a windscreen of a car that's had a long term smoker in it.
I'd wager that is some quality goo? My first house purchase was a drug house prior to me taking over. The roof was beyond coated with the result of a lot of smoking in the house.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'd wager that is some quality goo? My first house purchase was a drug house prior to me taking over. The roof was beyond coated with the result of a lot of smoking in the house.
I had to scrub a rental down for painting for this reason, apparently paint doesn't like sticking to tar.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I had to scrub a rental down for painting for this reason, apparently paint doesn't like sticking to tar.
In the house I kept hitting it with sugar soap and producing beautiful brownish foam. It just kept giving and not really improving. One of my friends (carpenter that does a lot of renno work) was all "Nah mate...ya won't wash that bong tar off. Just throw a few extra layers of white over it." and it worked. But also took 4 extra layers of paint in the lounge room.

Flow-Rider

Burner
In the house I kept hitting it with sugar soap and producing beautiful brownish foam. It just kept giving and not really improving. One of my friends (carpenter that does a lot of renno work) was all "Nah mate...ya won't wash that bong tar off. Just throw a few extra layers of white over it." and it worked. But also took 4 extra layers of paint in the lounge room.
It was a very long time ago, I think the first coat of acrylic paint had fish eyes in it everywhere and then we scrubbed as much of the tar off as we could, then the painter used some primer paint and painted the top coat over that. The ceiling was the most difficult to clean as they never opened the windows often and it was a rough finish rendered concrete ceiling.

Jpez

Down on the left!
One of my relatives was an agoraphobic chainsmoker on two or three packs a day.
Kept all the windows closed all the time.
When she finally died of the inevitable self caused cancer we had to clean out her flat.
There was literally brown tar mixed with the condensation in the locked up flat dripping down the walls and off the ceiling.
Every single item in the flat was thrown in the skip. Even the inside of books that had not been read in decades stunk.
The memory still makes me shiver.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
There was a layer of dust on my deck that wasn't there last weekend. Must be a bit of that...

And deck post mounting is well underway:

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Usually your dust comes from South Australia...or the Millewa! What's changed?
North winds and NSW drought. It's coming from SA as well. Coming back from Adelaide was disheartening. The hills were already dried out and yellow, and as we drove further east it became worse. Paddocks of stubble became paddocks of dirt. 10km out from Merbein there were huge drifts of top soil over the shoulder of the highway.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
North winds and NSW drought. It's coming from SA as well. Coming back from Adelaide was disheartening. The hills were already dried out and yellow, and as we drove further east it became worse. Paddocks of stubble became paddocks of dirt. 10km out from Merbein there were huge drifts of top soil over the shoulder of the highway.
The locals here are amazed by the recent dust storms. There's a few old blokes I've spoken to here that don't recall ever seeing them here in their lives before this past couple of years.

Fortunately, we've had a three week break since the last one...

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Press with a view:

Made great progress today, certain to have all the posts in tomorrow.

Can’t speak highly enough about that Bosch drill press - it’s as brilliant as the Bunnings one was shit.
they are a good machine, bought mine over a year ago..no issues so far

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
What are you using yours for? I found it really hard to find a quality drill press.

I adore how this one keeps the drill speed steady, regardless of load. It's terrific.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
No, but looking now I don’t know why that brand would be better than any generic Chinese model?

Maybe it is, but the intermenets doesn’t tell me much.