What does your day look like?

Jpez

Down on the left!
On Bruny island. Went for a walk with the kid and found a beach with no footprints on it. Just us. Then finished the arvo off with fresh oysters and local cider by yet another stunning stretch of sand.
You taswegians may be used to all this but your little state really is a paradise.

Scotty675

Cable thief
On Bruny island. Went for a walk with the kid and found a beach with no footprints on it. Just us. Then finished the arvo off with fresh oysters and local cider by yet another stunning stretch of sand.
You taswegians may be used to all this but your little state really is a paradise. View attachment 371737
View attachment 371738View attachment 371739
Nice spot all right, looks like the beach before you go right into adventure bay?
Plenty to see down there. How long are you here for?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Nice spot all right, looks like the beach before you go right into adventure bay?
Plenty to see down there. How long are you here for?
Was actually around the point from Lighthouse Jetty beach. Checked out adventure bay and surrounds yesterday. But really can’t go wrong any direction you turn towards.
Heading back now unfortunately. Had about 4 days down here. First time without a bike in tassie too.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Was actually around the point from Lighthouse Jetty beach. Checked out adventure bay and surrounds yesterday. But really can’t go wrong any direction you turn towards.
Heading back now unfortunately. Had about 4 days down here. First time without a bike in tassie too.
Bruny is a nice little hide away especially in summer. Good for the kiddies to. We were there 2 weeks ago and heading over for an overnighter next week.
Bring the bike next time and flick me a message. Tracks every hill you point at.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
7:30 - load coffee cart up and head to a gig at a preschool...in the rain. Get reamed at the end of the gig when it stops raining and people come to play with the fire trucks.

2:00 ride home in the rain, but also sweat heavily because it is t cold.

2:30 have an unexpected nap.

4:30 was it lunch or dinner? Fuck I don't really know...shower and ride to work in the rain. Actually it wasn't quite rain at that time, just a mist...so ride to work and sweat. Hy shower? Fuck it.

And now the wait...the wait for freedom at 9:30. I'd like to stop at the nearby cocktail bar on the way home and plough my paycheck into a few drinks but I don't want to leave my tranny outside of the brothel next door while I'm at it. Life is really tough some times.

Mower Blade looks well fucked @Dales Cannon !

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
7:30 - load coffee cart up and head to a gig at a preschool...in the rain. Get reamed at the end of the gig when it stops raining and people come to play with the fire trucks.

2:00 ride home in the rain, but also sweat heavily because it is t cold.

2:30 have an unexpected nap.

4:30 was it lunch or dinner? Fuck I don't really know...shower and ride to work in the rain. Actually it wasn't quite rain at that time, just a mist...so ride to work and sweat. Hy shower? Fuck it.

And now the wait...the wait for freedom at 9:30. I'd like to stop at the nearby cocktail bar on the way home and plough my paycheck into a few drinks but I don't want to leave my tranny outside of the brothel next door while I'm at it. Life is really tough some times.

Mower Blade looks well fucked @Dales Cannon !
Take your tranny into the br... oh, wait.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
This is true. And he also has a lot of old German rotary stuff...

To be fair though, the Ro80 is a lovely old thing. Was the family car from when I was born through to around 2002 - mega miles on it when it was retired. Was reliable but thirsty.
"Reliable" is not a word typically associated with NSU rotaries unless describing a property they aspired to....... :p

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
"Reliable" is not a word typically associated with NSU rotaries unless describing a property they aspired to....... :p
What’s your experience? I’m talking from 3 Ro80s over many hundred thousand kms over 25 years of daily driver family car duties.

They had starting issues back in the leaded petrol days, the lead would literally build up on the spark plugs and short them! Mum got quite good at swapping plugs for the cleaned ones that were always in the boot. The advent of unleaded petrol cured that. Suzuki RE5 NGK plugs were better at dealing with the lead but ran a bit hot and didn’t last.

But the engines did big miles with no issues. The trick was to drive them hard ;)

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
What’s your experience? I’m talking from 3 Ro80s over many hundred thousand kms over 25 years of daily driver family car duties.

They had starting issues back in the leaded petrol days, the lead would literally build up on the spark plugs and short them! Mum got quite good at swapping plugs for the cleaned ones that were always in the boot. The advent of unleaded petrol cured that. Suzuki RE5 NGK plugs were better at dealing with the lead but ran a bit hot and didn’t last.

But the engines did big miles with no issues. The trick was to drive them hard ;)
Was it your job to clean the cobwebs out of the exhaust ?

They're like aircooled VW engines, they last a long time if you know what you're doing. The Worst thing for rotaries is revving the crap out of the engine when it's cold, second thing is letting them sit for a long time without starting.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
What’s your experience?
I have no rotary experience but love the concept, so only going off stuff I've read. Pretty much all of which makes a point that NSU rotaries had big problems with apex seals & housing wear. Mazda had the same problems in their early development but addressed it before committing to production.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I have no rotary experience but love the concept, so only going off stuff I've read. Pretty much all of which makes a point that NSU rotaries had big problems with apex seals & housing wear. Mazda had the same problems in their early development but addressed it before committing to production.
NSU had issues with apex seal wear for the first 18 months or so of production in the late 60s, and were reliable if not abused for the rest of its 10 year production run. The media made a big deal of it, and the reputation stuck unfortunately. Like the chev corvoir, a good car that had to deal with a lot of sensationalist bullshit.

Many engines replaced under warranty were later found to be fine but with fouled plugs. There are a couple of basic “living with a Wankel” things such as a bit of basic warm up and give them a good rev out to redline every now and then that keeps them happy.
NSU and Mazda took very different metallurgy approaches to apex seals and housings, but both are good. NSU developed nikasil, which is still widely used in piston engines.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Chucked on new blades and vibration has disappeared and the deck cuts way better. No idea what was wrong with the old blades, maybe just tired and emotional.