What does your day look like?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Was even colder on this mornings ride, -4.3 deg apparently.
Couldn't feel my face.
I suspect the cold made your knackers leap up so high that they pinched a nerve in your neck. I have grown to like winter though but nothing is nice as an early morning summer ride.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It's -3 here now and will be -5 with apparent around -8 when I ride to work tomorrow morning.

Whilst I will enjoy the ride overall the thing that really gets me on the bike in such extreme conditions is being able to say to myself that I did it. Fuck knows why that's even valuable to me, I really don't get it but I have a cake habit to support so I will ride.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Friday afternoon, just around knock off time, cheers:

Monday morning, riding into work, frozen:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
It's -3 here now and will be -5 with apparent around -8 when I ride to work tomorrow morning.

Whilst I will enjoy the ride overall the thing that really gets me on the bike in such extreme conditions is being able to say to myself that I did it. Fuck knows why that's even valuable to me, I really don't get it but I have a cake habit to support so I will ride.
I think my toes have finally got feeling back after this morning's ride. Took a lot of will power, but yeah - earnt that muffin at morning tea for sure!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, the shower at work after the ride was a few degrees hotter and a few minutes longer this morning.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I saw a lot of whales at the beach this morning. There was a lot of acrobatics, tail and flipper flapping as well. This lot were quite close to shore as well - only a few hundred metres out.

stirk

Burner
Fark it is colder than usual right now, not sure what I bothered to hang out the washing.

Spotted a scarred survivor from the 2013 Springwood bush fire.
Surprisingly most clothes on the washing line were left unmarked, a favourite pair of undies had some holes in them but I suspect they were present before the fire!

IMG_20170703_155300-500x751.jpg

This thread reminds me of dear diary.....!

mtb1611

Seymour
Excellent looks like fun.

Awwww...........You might have the do a year 12 camp for that one :yuck:
Was great fun mate. I try and get to at least one camp each year with the kids; these days my job is largely bureaucratic so an opportunity such as a camp reminds me of why I'm there and ensures I don't lose sight of our "core business" - kids!

As for Year 12's, teenagers, thanks nah.....!

^ while I completely endorse the bowl of Coco pops, why are you using take away coffee cups? It is such a crime trend this month...next month it will be ok again.

I've done a large amount of the boundary pushing adventure stuff with teenagers over the years and it's a lot of fun with great outcomes. I've got an abseiling and rock climbing instructor up this way that I've used a few times, he is an absolute enthusiasm machine. There always seems to be a few surprises in who is afraid of what!

Good on him!
There was a coffee machine in the staff dining room, cup choice was not an option!

Always good to provide kids (regardless of their age) with a chance to push themselves; the look on their face when they back themselves and overcome an obstacle is priceless.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Rode the roadie to work today, was stuck in the big ring because the front mech cable was frozen and it wouldn't downshift...

Getting threatened with a shanking first up was unexpected

And then a trip to head office for a different type of shanking though I mostly do that one to myself

safreek

Continued into the arvo at a new track in goonellabah, only about 3 Kay all up but about 1k from home. Not sure but I think it's council funded and built by Richmond river riders, little bit of fun in the suburbsIMG_20170704_131113.jpgIMG_20170704_132115.jpgIMG_20170704_132307.jpg

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Onwards and upwards, dude.

Don't want to get too Hallmarky here but you're pretty inspirational with the shit you've been dealt but how resilient you've remained. More power to ya.

binner

Hath shat hymself
perfect

is that a park tools knife? limited edition :laugh:

ohhh it must be the light , i thought it was park tools blue.....

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
is that a park tools knife? limited edition :laugh:

ohhh it must be the light , i thought it was park tools blue.....
Always bikes on your mind!

It was a perfect dinner, although with every bite taken from the mainland the reef took a battering and poor old Norfolk island was decimated in three bites once the reef was gone.