What does your day look like?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Spent 12 hours this weekend helping my mate neighbour carry a dozen c-section beams down & stand up two h-beam posts:

Manoeuvring a 9 meter 180kg post into position requires a lot of patience & using the laws of physics to help.

Absolutely no scary moments, no surprises. Plan plan plan execute.

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Spent 12 hours this weekend helping my mate neighbour carry a dozen c-section beams down & stand up two h-beam posts:

Manoeuvring a 9 meter 180kg post into position requires a lot of patience & using the laws of physics to help.

Absolutely no scary moments, no surprises. Plan plan plan execute.
Are they units, or Greeks next door?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Giant house, pool on the second bottom floor (now floored over), currently three units.

We all refer to it as the Chinese roofed house...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sounds like my Ihop experience in Alabama...
Those little places that American's seem to love are usually full of buyers remorse. If you are really hungry and you want an authentic 'locals' experience then it is the thing to do.

I don't understand why there are lines for Dunkin Donuts either.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Those little places that American's seem to love are usually full of buyers remorse. If you are really hungry and you want an authentic 'locals' experience then it is the thing to do.

I don't understand why there are lines for Dunkin Donuts either.
Yep. I only did it for the experience. The “food” was picked at and it got me through until I could find a wholefoods buffet (my saviour travelling in American for when I need nutrients and a break from the corn syrup induced runs...). But the best part was trying to order from the surly woman who’s response to my requests for her to repeat what she said in a super thick accent was to yell at me in the same accent. Still not sure what it was I agreed to...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yep. I only did it for the experience. The “food” was picked at and it got me through until I could find a wholefoods buffet (my saviour travelling in American for when I need nutrients and a break from the corn syrup induced runs...). But the best part was trying to order from the surly woman who’s response to my requests for her to repeat what she said in a super thick accent was to yell at me in the same accent. Still not sure what it was I agreed to...
I did much the same, besides there wasn't much to eat apart from the Waffle house, a Hooters and Texan BBQ.
It was a very old school US greasy spoon diner.

I was confused for a Brit again although I set them straight. I asked the cook what he makes for his Mum when she visits Waffle House. Apparently it is Texan Cheesesteak melt. Couple what you think that sounds like with a oil to fry it in and some spongy hash browns.

Made me get a bit teary eyed for all of the very fine and much cheaper Viet food I have access to nearby to home.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That stuff really is terrible, for a fast food experience that is actually pretty good in food and service try Shake Shack...proper good burgers.
Will need to have a look at it next time. I would like to try the In-Out burger and apparently Popeye's isn't bad either. I think if I stayed there too long I would need my arteries scrubbed anyhow.