What does your day look like?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
This bridge was flooded as you can see from the bedris on the guardrails, now the water level is dropping. Creek is usually 10m below the bridge.

The mainland has certainly copped it bad weather wise the last 12 months. Here I am sitting looking out the window at another sunny day.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
This bridge was flooded as you can see from the bedris on the guardrails, now the water level is dropping. Creek is usually 10m below the bridge.

I've had to water the garden... Trails are dust central too. I'd happily take some of that rain!

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I was going to post some more updates but I got censored by the downtime. I'm back home now. We didn't get any more significant snowfall in Furano and the previous powder adventures turned to crust. The next day was a bit chundery which was nicer to ride. I finished up there and headed over to Niseko Annupuri. There was lots of great tree and valley runs lower down the mountain. I spent plenty of time sessioning a fast quad with a shield and floating through fresh stuff.

It was windy and whiteout up top so the lifts there were closed and we couldn't transition between resort areas without the shuttle bus. We still managed to get a morning in Niseko Village and a sweet valley there. All four days I spent there were pretty low visibility, I managed to get out the everyday lens once, for a single morning.

The big dump waited for the night before I left. I was too slow to book a direct airport bus so had to catch another bus to a train-station in Otaru. Which would have been fine except the snow cancelled the trains between there and Sapporo so we had to catch another bus (along with everyone else). The whole wait made us late for our flight so we rebooked a later one. Which also got cancelled due to snow. Eventually we managed to get on one and made it to our hotel in the very late evening. Thankfully there was tonnes of food open at a quarter to midnight.

Post-snow we did some time in Sendai and Tokyo. I'll look into getting some photos up once I've processed them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah @wesdadude too much snow is a bad problem to have. Snow has never delayed my departure, but it has extended my stay! Sounds like you and your crew had a good time.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Yeah, good times were had. My legs were well and truly shot and the accommodation wasn't that flash so extending wasn't really an option.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, good times were had. My legs were well and truly shot and the accommodation wasn't that flash so extending wasn't really an option.

All I hear is "waaaa waaaa waaaa...I didn't really want the powder..."

I see that a fair bit though across the season. People come and put in the work, have a good time, are ready to leave, then it fucks down snow. I always encourage a half day before leaving town in such circumstances and people rarely do it. Even last week the 2 dads I had with me decided that despite not needing to be in Tokyo before night time they'd forego the half day option on the best powder day I've had so far and just get a move on. To be fair their wives probably wouldn't have been too keen on wrangling their kids solo or waiting in the lodge for 4 hours.