Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Asterope

Likes Dirt
Perhaps a bit pedestrian - but my fave beer is Rogers by Little Creatures Brewery. Its the only middy that does not taste like a half-arsed attempt at beer. I like it because its fruity and floral. I also like it because you can get rogered at the pub, or in public with friends and not get arrested.

Tried Sierra Nevada pale ale last night and its also delicious and floral, and put me on my arse at 1.6std drinks ;)

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Forgive me the writing and spelling, my pc is getting repaired and im having to use a tablet but this had to be shared.

Clown Shoes 'Vampire Slayer' imperial american stout 10%abv.

Clown shoes second anniversary ale made with dark malts, holy water, malt smoked locally with ash, hickory and vampire killing stakes. Pours shiny black with no light windows and asoft frothy light brown head. Immediately bursts out with smokey sweet syrupy malt some sour fruity notes and rich dark chocolate. Big on the palate, it pretty much assaults your mouth from the get go but in a most enjoyable way and is just delicious. Bittersweet treacle with loads of character, plenty of rich and roasty flavour and a comforting smokiness followed by loads of hops that bringnthe whole package together. this is late night by the fire with agood book kind of beer, get some while you can. About 20 bucks for a 650ml bottle. pic of the bottle when i can.
Will also have a review of Brewfist ' Czech Norris, Walker imperial pils soon.

Last edited:

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Just filled the Growler with Holgate Hoptimum. Up there with my bench mark IPA, Murrays Icon 2IPA. Worth getting your hands on.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
nearly forgot bushshacks breweries in perth got some really good beers but the kick n kole was the pick of the bunch tastes just like creamy soda with caremel and vanilla flavours

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Just had a Murray's Angry Man Pale Ale and I rate it. I'm no good with describing beer, but lets just say it was a strong, unusual flavour. Thoughts of burnt smoky wood and aniseed come to mind.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just had a Murray's Angry Man Pale Ale and I rate it. I'm no good with describing beer, but lets just say it was a strong, unusual flavour. Thoughts of burnt smoky wood and aniseed come to mind.
Still up drinking mate? Half your luck. I'll be having some tasting sessions of some interesting ones coming up soon, let me know if you're interested.

I'm just trying to go back to sleep after a grizzly teething 4 month old woke the house up, this and random drug and alcohol testing has pretty much put paid to late drinking on a school night.

slyfox

Likes Bikes
I was at Bavarian Bier CAfe last night.. stuck mostly with Stiegl and Hofbrau.. both mild in taste and the best part is I feel 100% this morning.. i.e, no hangover :)

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Still up drinking mate? Half your luck. I'll be having some tasting sessions of some interesting ones coming up soon, let me know if you're interested.

I'm just trying to go back to sleep after a grizzly teething 4 month old woke the house up, this and random drug and alcohol testing has pretty much put paid to late drinking on a school night.
Yeah mate, up late too, and not by choice as well, snowed under with uni assignments at the moment. Thought I'd go grab something new from the bottlo as a reward after doing some work.

Yeah, I'd be keen for that! Tasting sessions after The Oaks trail perhaps…?

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Hey fellow beer lovers...
Shameless plug for my new Instagram account, I've started posting pics of my beer exploits
Check it out and follow if you feel the urge... @18thamendment
:beer::D:beer:

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah mate, up late too, and not by choice as well, snowed under with uni assignments at the moment. Thought I'd go grab something new from the bottlo as a reward after doing some work.

Yeah, I'd be keen for that! Tasting sessions after The Oaks trail perhaps…?
Now that sounds like a plan. We'll have a bit of a crew together for the next one, I'll have to find some special brews.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Little Creatures 'Single Batch Mr Obediah' Rye Porter. 6.9%abv.
Pours deep cola like clear reddish brown but looks black in the glass and has a big frothy and uneven light brown head. Big chocolatey aromatics, roasted grain and also has the distinctive spice of rye malt. Smooth and delicious, loads of flavour that almost borders on a stout but has a reasonably light body. Rich and roasty with well proportioned bitterness and a fairly clean finish that really invites further sipping. This pairs up very nicely with my dark chocolate chilli and stout cake. This is like a classic English porter with the warming quality of spicy rye, I'm unashamedly a fan of this style and I could really get into this one.

MrObediah.jpg

Last edited:

Stew41

Likes Bikes
Little Creatures 'Single Batch Mr Obediah' Rye Porter. 6.9%abv.
Pours deep cola like clear reddish brown but looks black in the glass and has a big frothy and uneven light brown head. Big chocolatey aromatics, roasted grain and also has the distinctive spice of rye malt. Smooth and delicious, loads of flavour that almost borders on a stout but has a reasonably light body. Rich and roasty with well proportioned bitterness and a fairly clean finish that really invites further sipping. This pairs up very nicely with my dark chocolate chilli and stout cake. This is like a classic English porter with the warming quality of spicy rye, I'm unashamedly a fan of this style and I could really get into this one.
Just had this myself off tap. Agree with the chocolate; big for the style.

D

Deleted member FN2187

La Fin Du Monde (the end of the world) by UniBraue.

A Canadian beer from Quebec. 9% alcohol although you wouldn't know. Super smooth and rich. Almost like a beer flavoured liqueur mixed with a Pale ale. Creamy head, very bubbly. It's basically beer, amplified. All aspects have been turned up to 11, flavour, alcohol, creaminess of the head and the almost honey like consistency.

I shared a 4 pack with one of the old forum mods Ryan at his engagement party. We picked them up from 1st choice liquor at the regatta pub in Brisbane. $25 for 4 beers was a bit steep, but it was a special occasion and it was more than worth it.

http://www.unibroue.com/en/beers/15/

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mikkeller 'Funky E Star' Belgian Ale 9.39%abv

This is a little interesting, a Danish brewed Belgian Ale in Christmas style brewed for Easter with a strain of yeast that is usually classified as an infection. Pours deep clear amber with a dense creamy head, sweet, sour and spicy aromatics. Quite unusual, sour cherry aromas with some ginger and apricot, but there is the Brett. Full bodied and quite interesting and complex, funky even. From the blurb "Christmas items fortunately not just for Easter! Passover star in spring signs, which invites to something fresh, hoppy and funky! Cheers! A funky Belgian ale brewed with: water, malt, candy sugar, hops, yeast and brettanomyces." Well it's the best google will do anyway. Does have a warming finish and have some very curious marker pen and horse blanket qualities. Most unusual, high alcohol and will keep for years, far from boring.

Funky e Star.jpg

Browndog77

Likes Dirt
Work perks

Used to be a dish pig at a very fancy Melbourne restaurant.

Stella stubbies - $2
VB stubbies - $1

Nothing fancy but at that price you can't complain. :biggrin1: