Whats the best beer you've had & why?

jrewing

Eats Squid
Yep knocked back a few of them courtesy of the bar guy at the cascade brewery...he felt sorry I missed the tour by a few minutes. Champion fella

Grand imperial porter.......a Czech dark beer that is so freakin good. 8.0% best dark beer I've ever had.

Anyone else had it.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep knocked back a few of them courtesy of the bar guy at the cascade brewery...he felt sorry I missed the tour by a few minutes. Champion fella

Grand imperial porter.......a Czech dark beer that is so freakin good. 8.0% best dark beer I've ever had.

Anyone else had it.
If it's the one I'm thinking of it's Polish. From the notebook...

Browar Amber 'Grand Imperial Porter' 8%abv.
Beautifully clear dark brown with a bronze beady head. Sour malt aromatics with a rich dark chocolate and hints of rum. Amazing burst of smooth rich flavour, perfectly balanced with restrained sweetness. Absolutely delicious when paired with 70% dark chocolate and blue brie.

And yes, it is a beautiful beer.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange

Beautifully clear dark brown with a bronze beady head. Sour malt aromatics with a rich dark chocolate and hints of rum. Amazing burst of smooth rich flavour, perfectly balanced with restrained sweetness. Absolutely delicious when paired with 70% dark chocolate and blue brie.

Zywiec?

I'm chewing on one now. 9.5%abv Porter. Utterly amazing.

binner

Hath shat hymself
its ok

It's not the best stout beer I have had but it's worth a plug. Good to grab a tall eee on the way home from work for 6 n change on a cool nite and pour into a chilled glass.
Still think it has good nutty after taste and not too heavy on the gut.

4 pines and the vale IPA are a nice drop. I still love my Burleigh Brewing Company batches.

Attachments

Last edited:

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
The vale and 4 pines are great!
Quite like the Vale/IPA.
Pours dark, cloudy and turbulant. Had trouble controlling the head on it (my pouring skills aren't that great, but still). Strong flavour, (think slight hints of rockmelon and creamy soda), goes down smooth with a bitter aftertaste.

Pearlers Pale Ale (Matso's)
Pours light and clear, fine bubbles with fine frothy head. Fruity aroma. Easy to drink and gives a warm feeling in the throat afterwards.

Cracking open the 4 pines now.

binner said:
"My Wife's Bitter"
Great name for a beer!

jrewing

Eats Squid

I apologise to all pol's... Short, tall, skinny, wide, ones with lights attached to 'em..

Notes are exact. Life got better when I discovered this one.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Happy IPA day everyone!

All in readiness for tomorrow............................International Beer Day!

I'm celebrating with a Clown Shoes Supa Hero IPA right now, then moving on to a few others.

Tomorrow will be a full day of awesome in the city.

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
James Boags Wizard Smiths Ale

I travel to Tasmania quite a bit, and you can get this down there but they refuse to ship it interstate - damn criminal if you ask me! How dare they reserve one of the best beers in Australia for the state with the smallest population!

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got home from a big international beer day. The Ruthless Rye, Dangerously close to Stupid and Velvet Sledgehammer were standouts.
I need a chilli kebab and a lie down, I'm knackered.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Matso's Broome Brewery 'Chilli Beer' Special Brew 4.2%abv.
This stuff is delicious and not to mention hot, it really has some chilli sting to it and claims 'Probably the hottest beer in the world'. Looks innocuous enough as a pale golden beer with a slight bloom and a rapidly dissipating translucent uneven head. The aroma is light, fruity and a little sweet so by all accounts you wouldn't know it was going to bite you until the first sip. It is light, crisp and dry and the heat builds instantly, there isn't a great deal of flavour but at least it doesn't taste like capsicum sauce like many other chilli beers. The heat is lingering and it's quite moreish. Shame it's a limited edition and at $23 a six pack it's hardly cheap, but for me it's worth every penny. It does make me want to do an experiment with some Blair's products and regular ales. Photos later, I'm getting stuck in.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Anyone tried tap king yet?
thiught about laying down the cash for one, I like novelty things.. But seem to get some less then average reviews!

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I home brew with a friend just as a hobby and as a poor excuse to try different beers.

A few nights back I had, for the first time, some Matso's Mango Beer. Didn't know if I would like it as I am not a mango person but I really enjoyed it. As a result we put down our own batch of mango beer. Just waiting for it to ferment and we will see how it goes. Hopefully it will turn out OK, just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
This thread can now be put to bed. you will never find a beer cooler than this:

The beer itself is a lovely nutty drop. At 4.7% it as a bit of a lighter punch compared to all the 6-7%abv IPAs that seem to be Bier Du Jour these days but who cares. Bruce Dickinson himself had a hand in developing it so that's another addition to his ridiculously huge list of talents!