What's your chain lube/s..?

What's your chain lube..?

• Total voters

mason33

Likes Dirt
Wasn't suggesting you should (so I think we therefore agree on that point also). As I said, simply providing a technical explanation.

Didn't/can't offer objective assessment of "original lube", because I don't know what it is. Do you?
Will since this is a thread dedicated to bike chain lube it's safe to assume the original lube would be a suitable bike chain lube.

redbruce

Eats Squid
Will since this is a thread dedicated to bike chain lube it's safe to assume the original lube would be a suitable bike chain lube.
Err, Like that used/recommended by flamshmizer that triggered your original post (ie CRC5.56)?

When is "safe" not safe?

Last edited:

mason33

Likes Dirt
Like that used/recommended by flamshmizer that triggered your original post (ie CRC5.56)?

When is "safe" not safe?
Which is why I made the correction in the first place. "Safe" is you claim to be qualified and should know better. The poor conveyance of your original reply has lead to this pointless waste of time.

redbruce

Eats Squid
The poor conveyance of your original reply has lead to this pointless waste of time.
It seems then only yours. It's a public forum, no one is forced to follow, read, or respond.

But please lets give credit where credit is due, the wording of your response two days ago, to a 4 yo post, lead to this discussion.

Last edited:

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
I've always used rock roll gold but found it gets noisy real quick. So tried juicy lube ceramic.. Quietest and nicest shifting I've ever experienced. Except far out it made the drive train dirty and black. Loved the gold how it kept everything looking clean.

datnat

Likes Dirt
Have used Finish line wet, then moved onto the White Lighting wax based product. Has been great in dusty/sandy conditions.

Recently read about a Lanolin product out of NZ, have a can of the Lanotec General Purpose in the shed...will report back!

beeza

Likes Bikes
Buy a bottle of lanolin general purpose from any bearing shop for about $20. Buy in liquid form, not the aerosol, and pour it into existing dropper bottle.

It shouls last you well over 12 months.

Its all ive used for about 8 years now

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Wouldn't lanolin attract dust like a bastard? It sounds ok for mud and wet conditions, but it's pretty sticky stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beeza

Likes Bikes
Wouldn't lanolin attract dust like a bastard? It sounds ok for mud and wet conditions, but it's pretty sticky stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not really, apply it, run it over the cogs, and wipe excess off with a rag.

Cheap enough to give it a go

DJR

Likes Dirt
I've always used rock roll gold but found it gets noisy real quick. So tried juicy lube ceramic.. Quietest and nicest shifting I've ever experienced. Except far out it made the drive train dirty and black. Loved the gold how it kept everything looking clean.
Yeah it's a great lube but makes your chain black real fast, and then the chain stains anything it touches. I tried for a while and then went back to finish line dry.