where do you work?

Velophile

Likes Dirt
I'm an old bastid cube dwelling wage slave for a mega corporate. Pays well enough to buy good bikes but takes up most of my daylight hours. :( Free high speed internet access though. :wink:

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
www.Anchorplastics.com.au

I'm 30 and have been there since i was dragged out of year 11 at the age of 16.
I did my time as a toolmaker, then did some CNC and Drafting courses, i now run 2 CNC mills and do 50% of the design/drafting/drawing work here.
Tech drawing was my fav subject at school, i topped the class, got 98% for my year 10 major work, drawing is pretty much what i do now.
I love my job !

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
here's one no-ones said yet
scuba diving shop techy and sales assistant.

one of my expencive, time consuming passions.
the only difference between scuba and riding is i know how to dive LOL

dazonic

Likes Dirt
workin

whoa like half the people here work in bike shops that's rad.

I work 40 - 55 hours a week at a bike shop in Rocky. There's only three bike shops for about 75,000 (i think) population, and the other 2 are pretty shifty. I used to work in Woolies as a trolley boy, meatie and fruit nut. Man, i used to think the hours flew by in the meatie dept.... bike shops rule!!
I'm also juggling a half-arsed uni degree- Bach. Multimedia Studies, pretty fun, but it's so hard around assignment time it's like "hmm... uni or go riding?" and you already know what you're gonna choose :oops:

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
kitakishi said:
Am 33 (and feel I should start an old farts of MTB web site)
Fossil Racing!!!
I could not stop laughing when I read that! (no offence intended, i just think it's an awesome comeback/line/ category or whatever the hell you want to call it)

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Bout 35 hrs a week. + full time uni, 8 weeks left and I'm done. wahoo! Who knows then though!

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
another fossil (35) currently working as a tube jocky (cad monkey) designing car parts for the GM group in sweden and germany (involves too much flying and not having a good bike in both places) also help out in the lbs building bikes (gets me cheap parts) and help run a car race team (preping and welding).
Used to sell cars (subaru's). worked as a labourer at an enginnering company (forklift truck driving and cleaning machines and QA). Made bricks for a few months one summer!!! Worked in a garage as a mechanic for a few months during uni (2.1 Hons auto. technology). Then there was the ten years as a business solutions salesperson (sole trader) and at the same time preping racecars for a few customers and racing myself. and there was the time i worked as an archery instructor at a holiday camp.

so far its been fun i wonder what i'll do next?

nick