where do you work?

wombat

Lives in a hole
A bike shop in NSW. At least 2 days a week, sometimes it gets pretty close to full time. I'm 19.

jakestein

Likes Bikes
i am an apprentice chef about to enter my final year. woot woot
i do an average of 55-65 hours a week during summer its 65-75hours a week but i love it and the pay is great. i am 17 ,18 in december

Rik

logged out
I'm at Tafe "full time", which is 2.5 days a week... I then work in bike shops another 2.5 days, and am looking to get a 3rd job, doing maintainence work, which will fill in the days here and there.

All my money gets spent on my bikes, all my spare time is taken working on them, but I never get a chance to ride them :(

edit: BTW, I'm 20...

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
am 22 in october...at uni doin honours in petroleum geology in adelaide, relatively interesting. Thats so full time tho so no actual paid work plus the fact i have no bike = no prospects anytime soon to get one! :cry:

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Working full-time in one of Sydney's wankiest bike shops. Previously did pushy couring for a bit. That was fun :D

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Im 16 (and a half..lol :)) and i do some work at RawNRG Thredbo during the MTB season School Holidays as a Downhill Instructor/Guide.

Glock

Likes Bikes
I'm 17, and lately i've been working up to 23 hours a week at woolworths either packing shelves, in the bakery or pushing trollies ( :( ). To alleviate boredom when pushing trollies i have mastered the 360 trolley superman. The rest of the time i'm at school. I used to go riding 5 or more times a week, but nowadays with all the freakin' year 12 assessment on my plate i haven't had time. Bring on the holidays!

skillz

Likes Dirt
i think i might be working delivering pills at a pharmacy soon.. hopefully
has anyone had this job? what do you actually do,

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
skillz said:
Make sure drug lords don't find out about you!

kane

Likes Dirt
i see theres a few people that work at woolies here. packing shelfs is pretty boreing, im still waiting to move up the ranks to trolleys

Ryan

Radministrator
I'm a fulltime pizza cook at the Kookaburra Cafe in Brisbane. Hell busy, but relatively fun work and it leaves my days free to ride and work on the site...w00t! Planning to go back to uni fulltime next year and get myself another degree, I'm a fully qualified journalist already :)

nhd

Likes Dirt
skillz said:
yes ive been a chem delivery boy, oh how i miss the days of cleaning out methodone bottles *joy*. its an ok job, and a pretty good one as your first one no doubt. just stick with it for near a year then do something else.

skillz

Likes Dirt
haha, how much did you get paid? job interview tomrrow after school
yay, so quick.. applied today and rang me 2 mins ago

Fritta

Likes Dirt
skillz said:
nup, my friend had it and he reckons its a no go. you work like 3 hours a day and it has to be done in rain hail or shine. (unless you have the time to do it). the only good point would be that you would get to ride your bike. ne ways thats my friends opinion. :lol:

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm, uni full time studying product design engineering, work part time as a child care assistant, and also part time at Rays Outdoors (selling outdoor equipment). Turning 20 in oct.

WOULD YOU TRUST YOUR KIDS WITH THIS MAN?
<-------------