where do you work?

n2o spark

Likes Dirt
full time student, college (don) year 11. 16 and half Y.O. i work at the greasy chicken factory. not making the grease but selling it. crap pay like $7.5 an hour no matter which day. base rate of some thing like 6.2 which only on publich holidays, is doubled. want to get a better job but out of the fast food indus. school is real demading so i've had little time to ride. working to upgrade bike and get car :)

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
shmity said:
Hmm, uni full time studying product design engineering, work part time as a child care assistant, and also part time at Rays Outdoors (selling outdoor equipment). Turning 20 in oct.

WOULD YOU TRUST YOUR KIDS WITH THIS MAN?
<-------------
HELL NO!

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
full time bike shop bum sales and mechanic, casual kmart bumkin...well when im not cnacelling my shifts to go race!
quitting the full time job after xmas 2 go 2 uni....dam skool! :?

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At the moment, I have no official job. Sometimes Carso from TC's Bike Barr will get me to come in and work.

I used to work part time at a bike shop called Franks A1...a shithole of a place it was.

juzza

Likes Dirt
im 16 and working 3 times a week at an IGA in greenwich. It is soooooo bad, packing shelves, and being bored to death. Just a hint for anyone out ther: do not pack shelves. ever. ever. ever. Its really bad and it pays poorly. only do it if you have to, like me to buy bits for my trusty steed.

green_chairs

Likes Dirt
I used to do the chemist run when i lived in geelong, did it for two years. The pay is about $7.50 and hour for me, and they paid you for working two hours, no matter how long you take. I remember one day I went in, had to post a letter, but I still got paid for the two hours. I liked it cause it kept me on the bike, and I got fittish. I now live in melb and I work at the MCG, "Hot Pies, Cold Drinks!!" I'm 18 on the 22 of september. Yay, legal!

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
24 and I'm a Print machinist(full timer), which is just a wanky way of saying I put that coloured ink stuff on paper using a printing press. The pay is pretty good at my work so :mrgreen:

It helped me to get my bike (finally) so work cant be that bad....can it?

mr whippy

Likes Dirt
make coffees in city cafe. pays good but its pretty menial so i pass the time by making pictures of genitals in the coffees9 :twisted: and then seeing if people notice. :twisted: :twisted: also play music so once a month get to get away and do some gigs..

trobb

Likes Dirt
I work at discount stationers. im 16... if you're ever in the need for some stationery come over and I'll hook you up

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im 38 and a boilermaker (welder).

generally a dirty trade but Im lucky, the engineering shop I work for is more of a fitting/machining shop and weve gotten into the aviation side of things recently which means theres some cromo tube in the rack....

plans to build me a jump frame soon....after the bike trailer is done. :D

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm 27, Work in the motion picture industry,supply film for Matrix and other large movies and commercials.Even for some really crappy television shows. O.K job, it pays for my bikes and I can ride to work.
Really isn't at all glamorous pay's crap, but can be interesting,meet a few people.

Acadian

Pinkbike Pimpdaddy
29 and I'm a Quality Engineering Manager for a high tech Software Company in the Silicone Valley.

Damo

Likes Dirt
just finishing a Ba of Commerce at uni. Got a job at NAB in the business bank woohoo!!!!!!! and start 1 Oct yeah bring on the money. ATM work at a servo casually.

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Im 21 been in the army since i was 17 now i work for an auction company full time as a storeman.