where do you work?

toodles

Wheel size expert
I'm 23 and working in Qantas engineering in Brisbane. The pay is pretty good, but I'm on call 24/7 which can get frustrating. I also do some work programming PLCs for industrial machinery and investigations in cases of malfunction or accidents on said machinery. It's getting a bit boring so I might go finish my Psych degree and join the police force.

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Am currently working as a traffic management consultant at U.R.A.P.
but i used to work at hadleys cycles here in Newcastle - the shittest store around

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Goldcross cycles a big bike company aroundthe eastern sub's of victoria and im a boundary umpire for yarra valley football legue, this has got to be like the best paying job for the time working! :)

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
well im 24, studying a Bac. of Business at rmit majoring in entrepreneurship so i don't have a real job, but i've usually got some sort of deal going- whether it makes or loses money is the big question. I tend to rely on inlina in this forum for food, clothes, roof, bikes etc. Hes 26, an is a design engineer at Holden so...

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
I'm full time student (if there's such a thing), studying towards degrees in Computer Science and Computer Engineering at the University of Newcastle. Also do a few hours a week of web design.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oz-freerider said:
shmity said:
Hmm, uni full time studying product design engineering, work part time as a child care assistant, and also part time at Rays Outdoors (selling outdoor equipment). Turning 20 in oct.

WOULD YOU TRUST YOUR KIDS WITH THIS MAN?
<-------------
HELL NO!
I agree :p jk shmit...

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im 19, and I work in a factory that makes windows, our factory makes windows for highrise appartments and such, in paticular 8) It's a pretty boring and occasionly tedious job, but every now and then I get to work on site, which is always fun or interesting. The guys I work with always offer a day full of laughs, especial when it's quiet.

I started an IT degree, but I deferred after the 1st year, as the money and heart ran out...I wouldn't mind getting into drafting, design, engineering ect... FUCK WORKING IN A FACTORY THE REST OF MY LIFE!

grovesy

Likes Dirt
34 year old diesel mechanic,currently back on the tools after a 3 year stint as a workshop/service manager.Pretty busy at the moment trying to keep Perths ageing public transport system going.The pay is not bad but the company I work for is one of the best when it comes to looking after it's workers.

spudz

Likes Dirt
I'm 27 and a carpenter by trade ,I am currently working with glass and aluminuim installing windows and shopfronts. I'm a sole trader so i sub-contract to companys installing windows. Best part of working 4 yourself is having days off when you want to go riding,worst part is i don't get paid when i'm injured or sick!

monkeymajik

Likes Bikes
Full Time Student studing IT at Queensland University of Tech. Work casual at woolies as a checkout bitch / trolly's, 15-25 hours a week usually.

During assesment times and heavy assignments it doesnt leave much time to ride :(

Only a year to go and I'm outta there though wooohoo!@

zen_rider

Likes Dirt
scotty beefs said:
zen_rider said:
23, working at an english school, south korea...sucks, buts pays $$$
interesting part of the world to be in right now....whats it like over there? A lot of tension or what?
its a pretty good lifestyle (the job sucks, but its only 30hrs/week)...the riding is nutz (when its not raining - summer is pretty wet)

as for tension and stuff, well i used to care about all that stuff...but then you forget about it (been here a long time). my visit to the DMZ opened my eyes, it blew my mind actually. i could give you my understanding of the situation...but that would take too long. just dont believe everything you hear in the media - they love to 'spice it up'

Dicky

Punter God
Squidly Didly said:
Working full-time in one of Sydney's wankiest bike shops. Previously did pushy couring for a bit. That was fun :D
i'm 19. also full time in same said wanky bike shop.
Great to work in a place where you can pick up the phone and order pretty much anything you want (as long as you gonna pay for it of course...), and work alongside a bunch of of good mates who know waaay too much about bikes, and can fix anything thrown at them.

before that, a month or two at the local Huffy dealership, before that, a year or so as checkout bitch at franklins.
long live carpark trolley antics!
and wheelying through the deli aisle!

wouldn't mind stomping some months and miles as a courier... looks like fun.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow what a diverse range of jobs here. I didn't know what I was expectiing, but geez just about every job is covered!

kitakishi

Likes Dirt
full time business operations administrator for a printer (PC) company. Excellent job! Great boss, great pay, window with a view of the ocean and a really wanky job title, and semi flexible hours

Also teach martial arts 4 times a week but thats not really a job :)

Am 33 (and feel I should start an old farts of MTB web site)

KK

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
nhd said:
back then it was like $5 an hour or something equally pathetic.
Five dollars an hour???? Don't knock it, baby-puppy... the first three years of GripSport I worked 70 hour weeks and would have KILLED to make $5 an hour... I shit you not!

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
i'm 17 (shittest age to be, to young to do adult things and too old to do immature things) and i'm in year 12 at st peters lutheran college in brisbane..
i have NO job as school is too demanding. although when i was back home i worked in indonesias 2nd best restaurant for a couple of weeks.
in brisbane i do odd jobs for friends and family, shitty pay but i do it when i want

next year i wanna study international business majoring in hotel management.. AND I WANNA BE A BIKE COURIER!!! w00t w00t