Where does everyone ride? (Victoria)

mholden95

Squid
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before I cant really find anyone that has posted places they ride near where I live so I thought I might ask so I can switch where I can ride every now and then.
The previous bike I owned in now too small so I'm in the market for a new one at the moment so no rush but my question is:

Is there anyone in Victoria that lives in the Macedon Ranges/Bendigo/Sunbury tri-town area that could tell me some good places to mountain bike?

Thanks in advanced

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before I cant really find anyone that has posted places they ride near where I live so I thought I might ask so I can switch where I can ride every now and then.
The previous bike I owned in now too small so I'm in the market for a new one at the moment so no rush but my question is:

Is there anyone in Victoria that lives in the Macedon Ranges/Bendigo/Sunbury tri-town area that could tell me some good places to mountain bike?

Thanks in advanced
What discipline do you plan on doing?
Because for DH Mt Tarrengower (Maldon) is near Bendigo and is apparently rad

mholden95

Squid
Ah yes I considered going there (wombat) this school summer break and now I'm thinking that I will.
Geelong is a bit far at the moment but i agree the You-Yangs does look like a fun place.

Thanks for the input :)

dunndog

Eats Squid
The You-Yangs is a great place, But its near geelong. Also Wombat Track, Woodend is one of the best Singletracks in Victoria. 22km circuit I think and its good fun.

Here is a website about it. http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/wombat-track.html
Went out there for the first time ever today. Wow. Really good. Certainly a satisfying ride, only rode the half-loop but busting to get back there with a bit more time and do the full thing, it's awesome.
For DH definately get out to Maldon and Black Hill in B-Rat is also some challenging dh stuff.

Stew41

Likes Bikes
I live in Woodend but have been riding in Castlemaine over winter given the wet conditions. There are 4 well defined single track loops covering say 30 - 35kms inc. a couple used for the Vic Enduro Series and the InterWinter Series. Always in good nick and can handle plenty of rain. Moto damage is minimal as well.

The single track within the pines b/w Woodend and Macedon is pretty much buggered from the wet and motos.

mholden95

Squid
yeah i think i'll wait 'till the weather dries out the wombat tracks out a bit

and thanks to everyone else for the suggestions also

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Wombat is nice n dry right now dude.... Been riding it 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks. Get out there and get amongst it!

kooga

Likes Bikes
Bump an old thread

Heading to Bendigo tomorrow and am planning to ride. Is place to head to still one tree hill or should i be looking somewhere else?

Or am i better detouring on my way home to stop at Castlemain or Wombat?

On XC bike

Thanks for the help

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Heading to Bendigo tomorrow and am planning to ride. Is place to head to still one tree hill or should i be looking somewhere else?

Or am i better detouring on my way home to stop at Castlemain or Wombat?

On XC bike

Thanks for the help
Yes, yes and yes. Hit em all, make a weekend of it, hell, take monday off and do 'em twice.

anthony.maddick

Likes Bikes
Hi i live in echuca and always searching for places to go! how do i know where do go at wombat? is there a way i can find a map to get there or any of the mentioned places. i have also been riding My Major over past shepparton.

Cheers guys

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Hi i live in echuca and always searching for places to go! how do i know where do go at wombat? is there a way i can find a map to get there or any of the mentioned places. i have also been riding My Major over past shepparton.

Cheers guys
Hey mate, take a look at bancoora.au.com (no that's not a typo). He has how to get tos for a lot of trails in vic.

BTW have you given the trail DirtArt recently built at Moama a run yet? I am heading to lockington for my grandmothers 90th and was wondering if its worthwhile taking the rig and giving it a spin.

anthony.maddick

Likes Bikes
Hey Knuckles, its not finished but getting there its no you yangs or mt major, just its a nice cruisey XC ride. There are a few jumps and berms. and some of those wooden bridges. ill hit it in the morning before i head to melb.
To get there go through moama then turn left at Safeway onto pericoota Rd head out that road for 5-10 mins and you cant miss it on the left. There is a lot of work going on there as they are also making a new boat ram area.
Thanks for your previous post too

anthony.maddick

Likes Bikes
Hi Knuckles, did you get a chance to get out to moama?? i went for a quick ride. The tracks seem all over the shop. Hopefully they get them sorted but still ok

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
check out xctrails.org (takes ages to load be patient) or bancoorabikes for places to ride etc. pretty useful websites

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Hi Knuckles, did you get a chance to get out to moama?? i went for a quick ride. The tracks seem all over the shop. Hopefully they get them sorted but still ok
Heading up this Friday night after I get back from an interstate work trip. Hell it could be a dead flat highway, still better than dealing with the wife's dick head family. :screwy:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2