Whistler 2012

rustysteel

Likes Bikes
Since when don't jetstar accept boxes? Johnny Simon and Nev all had bike boxes in Feb..
Really - sweet! On the website it says bikepacks only but I've got a big motherfucker of a box in the garage ready to go - did you still want your duck polished?!:hororr:

L-iam

Likes Bikes
I get to whis the 10th of June. Haven't sorted out accom for the season yet as I'll be there for a while. I have bought a car though...

And boxes are cheap and easy. Pack a few new tyres beside the bike in the box for extra protection. I'll be lugging these boxes from Perth all around melb for a week then onto Sydney then 3 stops before Vancouver. Duct tape and cardboard is amazing.

buffy

Likes Dirt
just about to leave sydney to whistler.
flying united. $1550 + $70 for bike box.
got a studio in deer lodge, $2200 for 2 months.
see you guys there.

buffy

Likes Dirt
just arrived to whistler. flight sucked bad. plane was packed, plane was super shit and old with no personal tv screens, us customs was a nightmare but i finally made it.
bike box was slightly torn in the handle holes but otherwise put the bike together with no damage.
raining in whistler at the moment

buffy

Likes Dirt
first day riding in whistler. it was quite wet and greasy in the morning, but the sun came out toward the afternoon. had an awesome time, hit b-line, crank it up, a line, multiple times. trying to get the balls to attempt the double black diamond but no need to rush into it :)

s.dogg

Likes Dirt
Good idea on the no rush. Met a guy here yesterday that broke his hand on opening day.
When you do go onto the double blacks just take your time and check everything out.
Schleyer to lower whistler dh is a really good entry into the tech trails. Then probably Afternoon Delight to Technoir.

Also dont forget to give Del Bocca Vista and Shaddy Acres a few runs once it dries out a bit. They are green but very fun. Especially once DM opens.

mattyd

Likes Dirt
Coming on Saturday.

I'm in Vancouver for work and have managed to pull a few days over this weekend to head up to whistler and ride Saturday and Sunday before I fly home.
I've got a sweet hotel and have a rental car but I am alone and only there for Sat and Sunday. Is there any particular pub or shop the Aussie contingent resides to or meets at? I thought it will probably suck to ride alone all day and some company might be nice.

I am extremely funny, have excellent hygiene standards and have a company credit card with no limit.
So I am willing to pay for a days guidance in large amounts of beer on Saturday night.

-Matt

s.dogg

Likes Dirt
I'm in Vancouver for work and have managed to pull a few days over this weekend to head up to whistler and ride Saturday and Sunday before I fly home.
I've got a sweet hotel and have a rental car but I am alone and only there for Sat and Sunday. Is there any particular pub or shop the Aussie contingent resides to or meets at? I thought it will probably suck to ride alone all day and some company might be nice.

I am extremely funny, have excellent hygiene standards and have a company credit card with no limit.
So I am willing to pay for a days guidance in large amounts of beer on Saturday night.

-Matt
Send me a PM and i might be able to help out.

buffy

Likes Dirt
Good idea on the no rush. Met a guy here yesterday that broke his hand on opening day.
When you do go onto the double blacks just take your time and check everything out.
Schleyer to lower whistler dh is a really good entry into the tech trails. Then probably Afternoon Delight to Technoir.

Also dont forget to give Del Bocca Vista and Shaddy Acres a few runs once it dries out a bit. They are green but very fun. Especially once DM opens.
hit schleyer and glc drop today. also del bocca vista is heaps fun.
had an awesome day! rode pretty much all day long

buffy

Likes Dirt
pretty good most of the day...occasional shower with a bit of cold wind at times but otherwise not too bad.
even tiny pieces of hail too

Nautonier

Eats Squid
So what's the go with buses direct from Vancouver airport to Whistler? I went to book one and discovered that in the fine print they charged an extra $27 for bikes - is this standard? What company do you guys use and how much should it cost?

srsbsns

Likes Bikes
I'll be flying over on the 21st, got a full month all payed for. Cant wait for the riding, only thing bothering me is I'm heading over on my onesie so I'll need to try and catch up with some straylians once I get to whistler :)

If anyone is going to be there 21st June - 21st July hit me up with a PM, always keen to ride with some new blokes.

PS- I'm incredibly slow and uncoordinated so you're going to look like Hill riding with me, added bonus I guess. Also I shout beers, frequently.

buffy

Likes Dirt
So what's the go with buses direct from Vancouver airport to Whistler? I went to book one and discovered that in the fine print they charged an extra $27 for bikes - is this standard? What company do you guys use and how much should it cost?
i used ridebooker. standard fee for bikes

buffy

Likes Dirt
I'll be flying over on the 21st, got a full month all payed for. Cant wait for the riding, only thing bothering me is I'm heading over on my onesie so I'll need to try and catch up with some straylians once I get to whistler :)

If anyone is going to be there 21st June - 21st July hit me up with a PM, always keen to ride with some new blokes.

PS- I'm incredibly slow and uncoordinated so you're going to look like Hill riding with me, added bonus I guess. Also I shout beers, frequently.
i ride solo most days. pm me

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt

You won't have trouble finding any Aussies...it's been quoted as 'the most northern point of Australia!'

Nautonier

Eats Squid

I'm gonna be there from 3rd - 15th July so definitely up for some runs with you, especially if you make me look like Hill!

L-iam

Likes Bikes
Yes. Catch the sky train in to Vancouver, then the greyhound out to whistler. Saves a bit from memory. But I couldn't really be bothered after flying that far. Pacific coach is so easy. And skytrain / transfer/ greyhound absolutly sucks with moving gear.