Whistler 2012

binner

Hath shat hymself
enzed

i just booked last night with air nz.. they've got a sale on at the moment. i got vancouver return in june with 23 kg extra baggage (46kg total each way) for just under 1800AU. Bargain!
I looked at air NZ but didnt find an $1800 fare... what website did you use? i am looking more at end of June to july also so that may be different pricing too.

Dragonwoody

Likes Dirt
I would highly recommend going direct (14 hours) with Air Canada (aircanada.com) as opposed to 20+ hours with stops. Quite cheap too:

ie.
To: Vancouver, Vancouver Int'l, BC (YVR)
Return
Fri 21-Jun Return $1896

brad353

Likes Dirt
hey guys (and girls), i'm from queensland myself but i made the move to vancouver early last year. love it here. i just thought some of you might be interested to know that a friend of mine here has started a full time shuttle service which runs from vancouver to whistler and back daily. yes you can do that with the bigger coach lines, but this guy gets you there right as the lifts are opening and leaves back for van just after the lifts close, as opposed to the stupid schedules of the larger coaches, and it's only $35 return, including your bikes and gear. MUCH cheaper than the alternatives.
this is him here- http://www.epicrides.ca/bike-shuttle/
sorry if this seems like a shameless plug, but it's really not, he's doing quite well as it is. it's just that this opens up the option of holidaying in vancouver and being able to enjoy the north shore trails as well as whistler, plus there's so much more to do in vancouver.

sedifus

Likes Dirt
I looked at air NZ but didnt find an $1800 fare... what website did you use? i am looking more at end of June to july also so that may be different pricing too.
I just booked on their website and paid barely over $1700 with 2 *23kg bags. I picked days, selected show 3 days either side of preferred date and selected the cheapest. Got around $750 each direction plus some for the extra bags.

So I'm headed off on the 12th of June and back on the 3rd of September. Anyone else there over that period?

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
When does the season end? I know the lift runs until the end of September, but is it still good there? By that I mean, still plenty of sunshine hours, late lifts, trails not entirely obliterated etc. I'm off to Europe for the summer, but want to squeeze in whistler for a week before coming home to pay for it all!!!

Sanders.

Likes Dirt
When does the season end? I know the lift runs until the end of September, but is it still good there? By that I mean, still plenty of sunshine hours, late lifts, trails not entirely obliterated etc. I'm off to Europe for the summer, but want to squeeze in whistler for a week before coming home to pay for it all!!!
Park was open until mid october last season and September was one of the better months. Although still super dry, everything (Like DM) got a massive overhaul by Trail Crew, and even know the lifts closed earlier, still plenty of riding to be done. A week in September would sooth your needs any year of the century. Get it done!

Camby88

Likes Dirt
I'm just leaving now for whistler, if anyone is watching this and wants to meet up with me and my friend, let me know on my phone!! We're 24, and staying with bear back riding, at alta vista chalet.

My number is +61431956 eight two five.

Campbell!

Last edited: