Who checks their.....

Who checks thier frame geometery before they buy a bike

• Total voters

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
jayboy882003 the angles can help you understand what length of travel you can run on your fork or how easy or hard it will be to get the front up in the air etc

nick

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jayboy, the angles dictate how a bike rides, essentially. if you order a frame without riding it first, you like to know how it will ride like. If you know the geometry, after a few years of riding, you will get an idication of how the bike will ride.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
jayboy882003 said:
whats the point of checking angles? if it looks and rides good well then buy it. when are angles used in buying a bike? is it important or something? i just check the size of the frame!
well since the angles determine how a bike rides... yes id say its kinda important

wombat

Lives in a hole
Well there is more than one way of checking geometry. The way that 01_250 seems to be refering to is crunching the numbers, which is fine if you can relate those numbers to actual handling traits.

The other way is to ride the bike, and see how it "feels"; after all, the reason that we care about geometry is because it affects the way the bike feels.

Soooooo, all those people who said "no, I don't check, I just test ride it" you ARE in fact checking the geometry, just in a different manner to those who look at the figures.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
only thin i will be checking when investing in a new stead is teh BB hight, dunno why its just somthing im pickie about.

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
i just listen to other ppl talk about that shit, i buy what ppl recommend.... what is generally good !! THANKS PPL !!

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i know i ticked no, but twhen i thought about it, the only thing i look at is head tube angle so that if i run a big fork for jumping i know its not gunna be lickely to bust

S.

ex offender
One way or another, yes. Either give it a test ride, or "crunch the numbers" as Wombat put it.