Winmalee/Blue Mountains-30th March

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate, it's a pleasure, there's probably more we can do with it over time with some thought, it's a fun section and a good start to the ride.

JasonB

Likes Bikes
Man that was an awesome day great blokes and great trails you really put on a great day, I am keen to keep this going and maybe explore more trails around Sydney or north, would love to be kept in touch of more rides, I hope the Hucker is o.k thst was one narly stack.

I am sorry, I'm really bad with names and with so many of you it was hard to know who was who, I will get there.

JasonB

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Thanks for making it such a great day out guys,the ride was tops for the very reason of good company,we are now planning on trying to establish some more singletrack at the beginning to make it more interesting,after that it should be even better.
We might be looking to organise another ride in maybe 5 or 6 weeks,maybe somewhere different(the hike-a-bike trig point ride,down to yarramundi!)
It would go something like;
1-everybody meet at winmalee,as before
2-shuttle everybodies cars,but ours down to yellowmundee xc track,then shuttle all humans back to winmalee and bikes,ready to start ride(we have worked out the logistics already)
3-ride grose head trail to lookout
4-climb the trail to grose head trig point
5-have lunch and (jellybabies jp? drambuie mongoosedh?)sustenance at the summit
6-descend down to yarramundee yeeehahh!
7-climb up to yellowmundee via the road
8-enjoy a leisurely lap of yellowmundee
9-hop in cars and drive home!
All up this would take about 6 hours(including stoppages and slowness)
It would be a big day,but now that it is getting cooler,it would be a lot of fun!
Let me know what you guys think and i will start looking at organising and setting dates,also the pace would have to be moderate because of the length of time and the climbing!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Howdy Todd ... let me know when you have a date ... prefer a Sunday if possible ... tentative at this stage. But I wanna get up there at some point.

Can you describe the hike-a-bike bit for me ... yes I'm soft :p

re: Single track ... if your doing some work on any given weekend ... give me a bell ... happy to give up a Sunday ride for some track work. (I'm booked 13th & 20th April) but nothing planned after that.

Al

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Howdy Todd ... let me know when you have a date ... prefer a Sunday if possible ... tentative at this stage. But I wanna get up there at some point.

Can you describe the hike-a-bike bit for me ... yes I'm soft :p

re: Single track ... if your doing some work on any given weekend ... give me a bell ... happy to give up a Sunday ride for some track work. (I'm booked 13th & 20th April) but nothing planned after that.

Al
Al,if i can do the hike a bike,you can,im as soft as a babies bum!
It will be a sunday,as far as track work goes,we have got to sort some things out first (can we?are we on private property? etc)
Probably do this in about 5 weeks time!
It is sooo worth it!
Very few people know it,and very few people have done it!
Keep you posted!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Im down for the hike a bike just name the date and time and im there
No worries Lleyton,now you know where it is,and we can make a big day of it!
There is a bit of everything for most people,also lots of jumps on spoon drains!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
So no pics from the day? I want to see what the view was like that I missed out on!! :D
Nah,just back a couple of pages back for some pics at gloria jeans,we lined the bikes up and riders for a photo,we all forgot,i will post up one my wife took today from our ride!

JasonB

Likes Bikes
If you guys will have me I would love to do an epic of 6hours (holy crap) what i'm i saying.

jasonb

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd really like to try and come along to this one as well... sounded like a great ride when you described it on Sunday.

I am impressed you have worked out the logistics of the shuttle and driving aspect... that sounds like the one really tricky problem!

However I will say now I will not be the sucker up front sucking in the 8 legged friends... I can't stand those f&*#ing things.