Winmalee/Blue Mountains-30th March

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
My name is Alex Wagner i'm used to riding mtb.

New to this group.

I'm 16yrs old.

Is it ok i come along, I have a friend John Evans who will come aswell.

thanks...
New!!! Are we talking about the same Alex Wagner that snavelled Junior of the Year at WSMTB last season?

Careful guys, I sense a shark!

...and don't forget our 'unofficial' social ride listed under our club listing. Bennetts Ridge up to the hut and back down the single track, this Saturday, 29th, 4pm at the NPWS gates.

Details: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=9154037980&ref=mf

cheers,

schacksta
president
www.wsmtb.com

JP

Likes Dirt
OK guys, just adding my 2 bob in response to some of the Q's.

You could easily ride this trail on a hardtail. The missus and I used to ride fully rigids back in the good ol' days. I wouldn't go as far as wearing armour, pads etc but to each his own. I'm riding a Giant VT which is plenty for this ride. I usually go through around 3 litres of water and I take some treats ( fruit, lollies, chocky etc) for the stop at the lookout. There are some great photo opportunities so consider bringing a camera.

Apparently the general pace of the ride will be of the flower sniffing variety which is cool as I stop to smell the flowers often!

This should be a really good ride and I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of cool people too. See you on Sunday!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Thanks jp,
This will be my final post on this.
Weather looks like it's going to be a cracker,23-25 degrees and sunny.
As jp said,it's not the hardest track going,but it has a bit of everything,so it's what you make of it!
Jp,my beard is looking more feral and crappy by the day,we will both be getting money tossed at us by sunday!:D
So,see you guys at app: 8 am on sunday for a cool ride,it will probably be the 32 km loop to take in a lap of blue gum as well!
I will get up to the shops/car park early to hook up with any early arrivals,i will be on a red epic,looking very sus with a crappy looking beard,my name is Todd,so just intro yourself and all will be cool!
Should anybody need to contact me,they can ring my home on 0247544878,and if i am not there leave a message!:)
See ya's
O.k.,i have another number to ring on the day if you are going to be late and want us to wait!
It is jp's mobile number:0410628934 -john paul!

Last edited:

JasonB

Likes Bikes
I hope to make this ride, I have read some of the post about the rides you guys go on and they all sound like fun, coming from Manly so I better set the alarm clock.

Regards
Jason

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
Hi Todd, just lettin you know yesterday I went out through the single track start and trimmed back the scrub so we shouldn't be copping a faceful at every turn, also trimmed off the edge of the creek bank so the tandem should be able to drop in ok and dug a few drain channels ( you know the usual spots ) in case of rain, should be good.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Hi Todd, just lettin you know yesterday I went out through the single track start and trimmed back the scrub so we shouldn't be copping a faceful at every turn, also trimmed off the edge of the creek bank so the tandem should be able to drop in ok and dug a few drain channels ( you know the usual spots ) in case of rain, should be good.
You are a legend brother!
Latte for you (in a mug!),we are both going to be doing this on memory!:D

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I hope to make this ride, I have read some of the post about the rides you guys go on and they all sound like fun, coming from Manly so I better set the alarm clock.

Regards
Jason
Hey jason,look forward to meeting you,check out last post,you can call a number if you are going to be late!
Cheers mate!

mongoosedh

Banned
Hey guys

Don't forget that daylight saving kicks in tomorrow morning at 3a.m, so we have to turn up at the right time, not an hour early. :)

See ya there...might be a little hungover.:p

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
You are a legend brother!
Latte for you (in a mug!),we are both going to be doing this on memory!:D
Yeah we'll be on auto pilot after working night shift but we can't miss a fun ride. I usually find a good ride blows off that shitty night shift feeling and i'm straight off to bed after GJ's, gotta back up for sunday night too.
The latte should hit the spot nicely too ;).