VIC Wombat 24 hour 6/7 December 2014

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is a thread for anyone to ask questions about all thing's related to Wombat
Russ a few questions for you...

Do you believe attending your event to ride solo is a legitimate excuse for missing my best mates wedding? :pound:

And finally, has Matt cut his hair yet?... He looked like a bum last time I saw him (albeit few years ago).

Last edited:

MJG

Likes Dirt
likely course is flat(tish)

The Woodend Thursday night group had a chance to ride most of what will likely be the event course with Russell...360 last week and it's going to be a fun loop. Only 16 or so km around and a total of say 150 m elevation gain. Nothing technically difficult. Even the unfit shouldn't be daunted about joining a team of 4 or 6 and doing a few laps. It's all west of Fingerpost Rd. Because part of the course rides the main Wombat Track opposite to normal flow I'm reluctant to release a map at the moment to prevent head-ons from occurring.

We're having monthly working bees until the race weekend to get the track foul weather-proof. The last one eliminated bogholes along several hundred metres of the track.

matty be

Likes Bikes
Russ a few questions for you...

Do you believe attending your event to ride solo is a legitimate excuse for missing my best mates wedding? :pound:

And finally, has Matt cut his hair yet?... He looked like a bum last time I saw him (albeit few years ago).
I'd bring the wedding to Cammeray Waters, just a thought........and hair is as manicured as the track, bring it on

mudy80

Squid
Wonbat24 info

Hi Russ,
a couple of questions

Will camping be available at Cammeray Waters?
if so will there be any extra cost and what facilities will be made available showers ect...?
We are hoping we can camp with our family's, any entertainment for kiddies?
When is course map going to be released?

Cheers Dan

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
Hi Russ,
a couple of questions

Will camping be available at Cammeray Waters?
if so will there be any extra cost and what facilities will be made available showers ect...?
We are hoping we can camp with our family's, any entertainment for kiddies?
When is course map going to be released?

Cheers Dan
Hi Dan,
There will be onsite camping and the track will run through the campsite.
Not sure of the cost yet as we have a meeting with Camery Waters next week ( if anything it will be a small cost per car )

I am keen to get showers i just need to lock that in.
I am sure we can sort out something fun for the kids.
As for the track, it does some of Wombat Track backwards so i am worried about putting it online.
I would rather do organised ride days where i can show people the course, if you have a date in mind let me know.
cheers
Russ

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

Here is a thread for anyone to ask questions about all thing's related to Wombat 24 hour November 16th 17th 2013

There is info online at www.wombat24.com and entrys are open at www.entryzone.com.au.
cheers
Russell
Hi all,
We will be doing a ride day on the 15th september 11am for anyone interested in riding the 24 hour track.
If you have any questions or to rsvp contact me at info@woodendcycles.com.au

Note Wombat track will be closed for this day.
cheers
Russ

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
Hi all,
We will be doing a ride day on the 15th september 11am for anyone interested in riding the 24 hour track.
If you have any questions or to rsvp contact me at info@woodendcycles.com.au

Note Wombat track will be closed for this day.
cheers
Russ
Hi all,
So i have a people booked in for the 24 hour track ride.
The course is a bit damp but drying out.
are there any more takers for the 15th ?
cheers
Russell 0423388167

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
Wombat 24 course ride this Sunday 15th September

Wombat 24 track ride this Sunday meet at Wombat track triangle 11 am.
Please RSVP via text to 0423388167

WOMBAT TRACK WILL BE CLOSED SUNDAY
cheers
Russell

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
Trackside Accommodation @ Cammeray Waters Race centre

If you don't want to rough it with all the campers you can still get onsite accommodation with your own bathroom!
Just imagine coming in from a hot night lap having a shower and a comfy bed.

For bookings and enquiries www.cammeraywaters.com.au