Women, etc.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A root isn't a root. These are people you are putting your dick in to get a load off. I am surprised by your mentality. It wasn't that long ago that you knew quality over quantity. You saw the importance of sharing your life with a good person. Lift your standards Urban.

The hand comment as a joke. Lighten up.
sorry, should have specified, not ever person i see but a few i've had it in for since befroe i met my last partner, i'm still up for finding a good partner but went for a ride last night, left about 7:30 and it was going to b a huge storm about 9ish and i didn't come home till 3:30, just got the wrong song stuck on repeat in the head phones and she got in my head and smashed up the place, so i'm a bit of a wreck now, back to square 1!

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Firstly, long time reader of this thread, first time poster...
So i've been with my girlfriend for about 3 months now, things have been pretty great without any major problems. But i've recently moved away from melbourne back to my parents house 2 hours away, i'll be living here for the next 3 months to save money, then going to south america for 6 months.

Being such a boring small town i'm now in, i've been spending a lot of time thinking about us and whether it's worth sticking out the 9 months apart for. Any advice on making this decision would be appreciated, or questions to ask myself that will help make the decision.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Being such a boring small town i'm now in, i've been spending a lot of time thinking about us and whether it's worth sticking out the 9 months apart for. Any advice on making this decision would be appreciated, or questions to ask myself that will help make the decision.
Hmmm I'm certainly not experienced in a 'long distance' relationship, but I sure as hell wouldn't be able to cope with it - especially for 9 months. I think most would agree that it's not worth it, but if you're really keen then by all means go ahead.

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So i've been with my girlfriend for about 3 months now, things have been pretty great without any major problems. But i've recently moved away from melbourne back to my parents house 2 hours away, i'll be living here for the next 3 months to save money, then going to south america for 6 months.

Not trying to put an dampner on your relationship man but it is a young relationship and your going to spend 3x the current length of the relationship away from each other. I personally do not think something like that would work, the ratio is all wrong. Honestly dude, almost all long distance do not work unless you can still see them every couple of weeks.

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not trying to put an dampner on your relationship man but it is a young relationship and your going to spend 3x the current length of the relationship away from each other. I personally do not think something like that would work, the ratio is all wrong. Honestly dude, almost all long distance do not work unless you can still see them every couple of weeks.
Mmm well the months that i'm back home living with my parents we'll be able to see each other maybe once a week. Guess i'll see how it goes while i'm living away from melbourne and then decide whether it'll be worth it while i'm overseas.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

If you loved someone enough then you / she wouldn't leave for such a long time and / or you'd take the girl with you. There's always a way to make things work so go down that avenue and make it work or if it doesn't work..............the decision was made pretty easily! :)

I've seen some stunning south American women. They like Aussie guys too I'm told.:juggle:

0psi

Eats Squid
Been there, done that, didn't work.

When I was but a wee lad I dated a girl for 3 and a half years then moved to Aus. We lasted less than a year, we'd see each other once every few months and talk a few times a week but it was never going to happen. There was lots of love there, still is (well, on my end anyway, I think she still wants to hit me in the face with a shovel but that's a story for another day) but it's hard work be apart from someone.

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you loved someone enough then you / she wouldn't leave for such a long time and / or you'd take the girl with you. There's always a way to make things work so go down that avenue and make it work or if it doesn't work..............the decision was made pretty easily! :)

I've seen some stunning south American women. They like Aussie guys too I'm told.:juggle:
She's got uni this year, and i've finished uni so it's a bit of an end of uni trip that'd i'd been planning since before i met her.

Had another mate who was there for 10 months that was adamant i should not have a girlfriends whilst over there.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.

Have you had a chat to her about this? what's her view about being in a 'long distance' relationship for 3+6 months?

My Mrs went to china to teach for around 6 months a few years back, we had been living together at the time for 9 years. She asked if I was happy for her to go, as it was a one off life time experience I fully supported her and paid for the bulk of it. It was no big deal, regular Skype contact was sufficient and as far as 'couple time' went, I was self sufficient for that period.

I can see there being some potential problems on such a long trip, as the allure of pretty young accented ladies wishing to score a flag my be too much temptation for a healthy young man's appetite. Three months together is possibly not long enough to cement a relationship.

Just my ramblings.

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We did end up having a talk about it, decided that we'll go on a break while i'm on the trip and then see how things work out when i get back. Not because i want to see other girls, just because it'll do my head in trying to maintain things with her when i want to be focusing on enjoying my trip.

But i guess a plus side is, i won't feel as guilty if the accented ladies get the better of me...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
We did end up having a talk about it, decided that we'll go on a break while i'm on the trip and then see how things work out when i get back. Not because i want to see other girls, just because it'll do my head in trying to maintain things with her when i want to be focusing on enjoying my trip.

But i guess a plus side is, i won't feel as guilty if the accented ladies get the better of me...
She sounds like a pretty cluey bird, hopefully things turn out good for you.
Your family here at Rotorburn dot com would love daily pics of the South American hotties you fancy too. ;)

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FUCKING UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!

so while i was in a reationship with this woman and asked if there was anything going on between her and another bloke i at the time considered a "mate" and she repeatedly said no and then after not coming to my birthday party telling me she was at work, then finding out after she broke up with me the day after my bithday she was at his place.

THEN TODAY

I GOT AN INVITE FOR A FUCKING ENGAGMENT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?

stupid lying bitch lied and cheated on me then has the nerve to invite me to their engament party 3 1/2 weeks after she dumped me that day after my birthday!

just about ready to roll round there and shot up the place and kill both the lying m*$#er f*#kers

WHAT THE FUCK

tc2233

Likes Dirt
FUCKING UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!

so while i was in a reationship with this woman and asked if there was anything going on between her and another bloke i at the time considered a "mate" and she repeatedly said no and then after not coming to my birthday party telling me she was at work, then finding out after she broke up with me the day after my bithday she was at his place.

THEN TODAY

I GOT AN INVITE FOR A FUCKING ENGAGMENT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?

stupid lying bitch lied and cheated on me then has the nerve to invite me to their engament party 3 1/2 weeks after she dumped me that day after my birthday!

just about ready to roll round there and shot up the place and kill both the lying m*$#er f*#kers

WHAT THE FUCK
What a bitch!!! I reckon you should rock up to the engagement party and embarrass the crap out of her since she invited you. It would be awesome if they do speeches at the engagement party... Hopefully she has her family there to realize what a heartless bitch she is.

wombat

Lives in a hole
It would be awesome if they do speeches at the engagement party...
"But seriously, all joking aside, you're a lucky man mate. That fiancée of yours is like the Pele of anal. I actually feel embarrassed for her after some of the shit we did. When you get a chance ask her about the night with the homeless guy and the flower pot; I don't think they even have a name for that yet.
So everybody raise your bottles to the lucky couple; I'd keep them there too i i was you, if you've got them held high there's less chance the bride will be able to sit on them."

Please film the speech and post it.